The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 02:57:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W1VTP  (Read 1886 times)
W3GMS
Contributing

« on: November 29, 2023, 10:42:23 PM »

I have been trying to get Al - W1VTP on the twisted pair but only get his voicemail which is full and will not take messages.  Does anyone know how Al is doing?
Thanks,
Joe-GMS 

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
KD1SH

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 01:15:32 PM »

Heard on last Sunday's AM Carrier Net: Steve, WA1QIX, has been in contact with Al and was planning a visit to help get him back on the air. Al did make an appearance on the net somewhere around a month ago and didn't sound too bad, considering what he's been through. Looking forward to hearing him back on the air.

"Gosh, Batman, I never knew there were no punctuation marks in alphabet soup!"
—Robin, in the 1960's Batman TV series.
W1DAN
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 03:03:57 PM »

Hi Joe!

I last visited Al at his QTH on the Friday of the October Near-Fest and did some troubleshooting on his shack.

Since then I have emailed, called and texted as recently as Sunday to see how Al is. He is now off the air due to shack issues and this fall I wanted to visit to try to get him on the air with something, but no response.

As WU2D lives near Al, I asked Mike to stop by a month ago. No answer to his door knock even though folks were at home.

Concerned....

Dan
W1DAN
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 09:03:13 AM »

I went over to Al's place last weekend.  A lot of stuff was disconnected.

After quite a bit of tracing cables and wires, connecting, testing and a couple of repairs to the basic infrastructure, Al is back on the air.

Although I have not actually heard Al since the day I was there.  I will have to call him again and find out what's up.

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 11:05:03 AM »

Good show, Steve!

It's not easy to go in cold to another ham's shack and make sense of it all.  His unique intentions; levels, boxes, cabling and switching, etc., can make it quite a challenge!  

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 11:40:31 PM »

Thanks all for the update on Al.  As mentioned, he normally runs the 30 minute pre-net for the AWA PM/AM net that I host on Sundays. 

I have called him several times and as mentioned in my posting, his answering machine is full and not taking calls. 

Thanks Steve for going over and getting him back on the air.  Thanks Dan for the update.     

Hope to hear him back on soon!   Yes, medically he has been through a lot for sure.

Joe-GMS 

KA3VID
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2023, 11:27:17 AM »

Thanks all for the update on Al.  As mentioned, he normally runs the 30 minute pre-net for the AWA PM/AM net that I host on Sundays. 

I have called him several times and as mentioned in my posting, his answering machine is full and not taking calls. 

Thanks Steve for going over and getting him back on the air.  Thanks Dan for the update.     

Hope to hear him back on soon!   Yes, medically he has been through a lot for sure.

Joe-GMS 

Our prayers for a speedy recovery for Al ! Also what time and freq do you hold your pre net? I may try to participate with my lowly PW 25 watt rice box and low dipole.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2023, 12:48:59 AM »

The frequency is 3.835 and the pre-net starts at 3:30 with the Net stating at 4PM local time on Sunday's.  This is sponsored by the Antique Wireless Association. This is not a new net and has been occurring for many years now.  Would love to have you join us!

https://www.antiquewireless.org/homepage/

Joe-W3GMS

KA3VID
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2023, 02:43:17 PM »

Thanks Joe !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015