The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 03:33:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D104 G Stand Wiring  (Read 970 times)
ko4nrbs

« on: October 18, 2023, 10:13:37 AM »

Need a quick check on D104 wiring.  It is a non-amplified G stand.  I am using a TRS plug with a Heathkit DX60B with a PTT mod.  Tip is the relay (Red), collar is audio in (Clear), and longer section is ground (Black/Shield).  There are only 3 wires in the G stand, black, brown and green.  CW works fine but I can't get the mic to work though it does key up the rig and I get resisting plate current.  I verified the wiring with continuity checks.  The capacitor was recommended to help eliminate hum on the audio.

I can't get any modulation with the mic and before I tear into the rig thought I would verify the mic wiring.

Bill KO4NR
Chuck SWL

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2023, 12:36:33 PM »

See attached info. It appears to me that you removed the ground connection to the mic element by introducing the capacitor. Are you sure that component has been wired -in correctly?

* Astatic_D104_Unamplified_Stand_Internal_Schematic.jpg (93.6 KB, 1196x885 - viewed 94 times.)
ko4nrbs

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 03:13:27 PM »

See attached info. It appears to me that you removed the ground connection to the mic element by introducing the capacitor. Are you sure that component has been wired -in correctly?
I removed the capacitor.  Disassembled the mic and inspected the wiring.  As per the schematic I have a green and black wire coming down from the element's connector on top the tube.  Green wire connects to terminal B and black to terminal A.   In my mic Brown connects to the relay's NO contact and terminal C.   The Green connects to the NC contact and Terminal B.   A brown wire was substituted for the yellow wire.

I believe this is correct.

Thank you for responding.

Bill KO4NR
Chuck SWL

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 07:44:33 PM »

I removed the capacitor.  Disassembled the mic and inspected the wiring.  As per the schematic I have a green and black wire coming down from the element's connector on top the tube.  Green wire connects to terminal B and black to terminal A.   In my mic Brown connects to the relay's NO contact and terminal C.   The Green connects to the NC contact and Terminal B.   A brown wire was substituted for the yellow wire.

I believe this is correct.

Thank you for responding.

Bill KO4NR

No problem. Your wiring correction looks like it comports with the schematic. I don't have my D104 to look at, but I'll wager that brown wired was yellow at one time!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015