The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:43:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ART-13 multiplier switches  (Read 1659 times)
SA2CLC

« on: January 23, 2023, 10:52:48 AM »

So, my ART-13 has had this issue ever since I got it running a couple years ago, but have not really adressed it, since I managed to get it going on 80 and 20.
The issue is that the settings for the frequency multiplier is "off" meaning that the mixing scheme is, well, mixed up, meaning I cannot get on 40m.

I took the bottom cover off last night, and I could state the following:

The rear switch wafer (S102) is off by 2 switch positions from the front switch (S103), and the whole line is 2 positions out of sync. I have no output from the mixer with the A knob in 1 or 2. I'm assuming that the endstop lies in the autotune module, so the "complete line, 2off" should be easy to correct by removing the autotune module, turn the multiplier shaft and then reinstall the autotune module. What seems harder is to move the rear wafer switch on the shaft. Anyone got a spare multiplier module and can post good pictures, or someone has done this in the past? I'm afraid I might have to remove the entire multiplier section from the transmitter, which seems like a lot of work.

I'm guessing that someone in the past 80yrs put this together the wrong way.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 12:05:26 PM »

The publication Electric Radio has several articles regarding  the ART 13. I would strongly  suggest  that you Not try to align the transmitter untill you review the proper procedure.

I'm at work, and can't get to magazine issue numbers of Electric Radio.

KLC

What? Me worry?
SA2CLC

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 12:42:15 PM »

Had to take a better look. I was wrong in that the wafers were out of sync with each other. It's only the end stop of the autotune that is 2 divisions off. Hoping an alignment of the ceramic capacitors is what it takes. Tried them, and they all move.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015