The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:58:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 21.420 who?  (Read 2397 times)
pe1mph

pe1mph AM from Holland

« on: September 13, 2022, 01:34:36 PM »

Hello AM Lovers,
Just I listened  around 21.420 khz in AM.
I am 100% sure I heard an AM station calling cq, but who?
Clearly I heard WB1 but then Huh

Signal were weak, but very shortly good to hear!
Hi, hi... then I heard good WB1 comming out my speaker.

I keep an eye on that freq.... Smiley

Greetings,

Henk
pe1mph
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 06:36:15 PM »

Hi Henk..well ya done caught me..I confess..I was gonna do a write-up on my own but seeing ur posting I'll use it to add my two cents worth..yup Henk is right..it was a day when 15mtr AM did rule..great opening and I managed two very gud contacts..in the UK Henk so maybe not in ur part of the world but pretty close..G3YPZ for almost 45 mins and later 2E0NBK for his 1st "over the pond" contact..I did hear I think Timtron yakking with TGK in 5 land but he was the PW one for me..just kidding as he's many miles from my QTH.....so take a hint from Henk or me and get urself on 15mtrs AM..BTW I did ck the 10mtr 29mhz region and found nuttin...73 Henk hopefully tomorrow or the rest of the week..de DAVE WB1EAD

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 06:30:13 PM »

Hi All..I might as well add my contacts today..IW5EKR Aldo & GW3TMP Howarth..heard a few stateside AMers but did not work any..I'm beamed to Europa most of the time..one exception was long ago devoted AMer Rick VE6CQ a ways down the band on SSB..that time I rotated the yagi and he went from 5/3 to a solid 5/9..so it appears it is open say between 1400 to 1700 UTC..
                      My operating time is approx one hour at best...guys/gals ya better get on...73 de DAVE WB1EAD
PS: I forgot to mention..the statesiders at least 3 of them were busy working the Timtron..imagine that !!

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
pe1mph

pe1mph AM from Holland

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 01:26:40 PM »

Hi Henk..well ya done caught me..I confess..I was gonna do a write-up on my own but seeing ur posting I'll use it to add my two cents worth..yup Henk is right..it was a day when 15mtr AM did rule..great opening and I managed two very gud contacts..in the UK Henk so maybe not in ur part of the world but pretty close..G3YPZ for almost 45 mins and later 2E0NBK for his 1st "over the pond" contact..I did hear I think Timtron yakking with TGK in 5 land but he was the PW one for me..just kidding as he's many miles from my QTH.....so take a hint from Henk or me and get urself on 15mtrs AM..BTW I did ck the 10mtr 29mhz region and found nuttin...73 Henk hopefully tomorrow or the rest of the week..de DAVE WB1EAD

Hello Dave,

Hi, hi....  I AM sure I heard you, but I missed the call....
At evenings when I AM in the studio, I listen mostly to 15 meters (+/- 21.420 khz).
A pity last days I hear no AM from the Usa or another country..

But I keep my 'ears and eyes' on 15 meters (and Ten). Grin

Greetings,

Henk / PE1MPH
Dokkum / The Netherlands
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015