The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 01:25:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking DE-REG  (Read 6335 times)
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« on: May 28, 2005, 08:09:27 PM »

Evening Gents,

Not To Start up another of the many Threads of Whatever, but, I wonder, i do Wonder about the Possibility of this.

I wonder about the Impact, the Changes it would entail, and the overall Activity Placement.

It Sure would be nice to see some Real Room...Workable Room..Room to Move about and freely Choose operational Mode and Really have some Viability to accent the service...

Any Thoughts..?
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 05:35:24 PM »

The only creative thinking excessive regulation encorages is in ways to get around the regs...   People need space and opportunity to experiment and develope new technology, modes, or what ever.  Regardless of the popularity or percieved usefullness of said tech/modes.  
There will always be people who take avantage though, but better to have fewer regs, and obnoxious ops, than be regulated to the hilt and STILL have to deal with LIDs.

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 07:12:50 PM »

Thanks Ed,

Appreciate you coming in, I have actually given thought to just operating CW to have some considerable time on the Air, given my present circumstance of the problem with the recorder that Finds me on Phone...It would serve up a Bitter slice to the di-hards that have a problem with my Interests in AM.

I can see the Notice now, You were monitored working CW in the Phone Portions.. [Sic]....

That really ticks me off Ed...
WA1HZK

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 07:22:16 PM »

Do you ever get on 75 Meters? We have all been looking for you.
Keith
WA1HZK

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 07:28:40 PM »

Well Keith Not Lately...Not at All, actually, it seems I have a Follower of sorts...So I haven't transmitted anything anywhere for a Long time...only when i'm working on a piece of gear and need an on air check...That's it..

And when it Stops I'll be more than Glad to QSO with you...De-Reg would go a Long way to help someone like me who has problems of this sort , and would Help...
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 04:29:48 PM »

I don't know what the issue is here, but if someone is taping your transmissions, then wouldn't it be better to just be an A-1 operator and not give them any ammo to use against you?? Rather than not being able to get on at all?  

Seems if Riley was getting tapes of people not doing anything wrong, then he'd get mad at the sender???

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 07:58:26 PM »

That's a damn shame, Jack.  You're one of my favorite people to talk to.

You need to get on the air some more and make that knucklehead stick his head up so we can nail him.  Tina had the same problem recently - and we now know who THAT jerkoff is.

73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 09:20:11 PM »

Hi John,

It's UnNerving..to be truthful..Here iwas the other day a buddy of mine called up and asked me to get on 40 CW he had just finished up a K2/100 ..and wanted my opinion k no big deal. we get on and out of the blue a carrier appears ... it was a recording of me the last time i was on 75 Jezuz...he calls me on the LL, and wants to know what i did...i was like hey Jack buddy, it wasn't me...then we sat there for i dunno a coupla minutes and he did it again.. so who ever it is knows code...and it's happened on 52 simplex Fm, on 17ssb .. 40ssb... i give up... this guy has to be Close...

and it didn't start till i started on the league... So No league problems from me Again..heck with it...
WA1HZK

OK
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 10:11:48 AM »

Go on 75 AM. We protect our own and find guys like that. We are so used to people jamming us that it's considered something that quiets the channel for us.
Keith

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 05:43:20 PM »

Thank You Keith that means Alot....It Really Does...
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 01:14:29 AM »

The best thing to do is just go about your business and pretend the hecklers don't exist.  Never acknowledge them in any way over the air.  If they try to jam, just tighten up the receiver and pretend you copied the other station even if you weren't able to.  

It's been my experience over the years that if you ignore them completely they will go away.  Acknowledge their existence, and you have just made their day.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
K1MVP
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005, 03:48:11 PM »

Quote from: Jack-KA3ZLR-
Hi John,

and it didn't start till i started on the league... So No league problems from me Again..heck with it...

Hi Jack,
 Sorry to hear about this Jack,--You are to be commended for "speaking
 out" on these "touchy" issues with the league IMO.

I know I have talked to many OT`s in person, and on the air and most
 are either indifferent or relunctant to express thier views even though
 they disagree with the recent ARRL proposals(both restructuring and
 bandwidth).

Hope this does not stop you from getting on the air, because what
 matters, is a "ham is a ham" by the virtue the FCC issued the license,
 NOT the ARRL.
                                     73`s Rene, K1MVP Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands