The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:11:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Source for Plate xfmrs in SD.  (Read 1915 times)
VE7RF

« on: January 27, 2022, 11:18:26 AM »

A buddy has bought several custom made plate xfmrs from these folks
 over the years. They make everything from 3 kva..to the sky's the limit.

A 25 kva CCS plate xfmr is typ  $1300.00  

For plate xfmr use, specify the 240 winding, in copper, goes on the cores 1st, then the HV winding on top of that..also in copper.

They will also install  +/- 5%  or  10% taps if  you want, or extra HV taps, or low V taps.

https://www.t-r.com/index.php?fbclid=IwAR3e-vzx3cAcM67AtJ73MhxS_ys7vs-2XsrQF3Imx0jkyU3wOE9Rv8m0Qqw
W7TFO
WTF-OVER in 7 land Dennis
Contributing

IN A TRIODE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOUR SCREEN

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 10:34:41 AM »

Thanks for the excellent tip! Wink

73DG

Just pacing the Farady cage...
VE7RF

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 11:19:42 AM »

Another buddy bought a  75 kva xfmr from them.  900 lbs. Same as what you see on a pole, oil filled.  5600 vac sec. 240 pri.   Typ they will install em on a small concrete pad, with a 'dog house'  5 x side wood cover..then a pair of  short PVC pipes into the shop / basement / etc.  Like next to an outside wall. That's an extreme case of course.  Typ, if possible, they will go into a garage..and also covered, or on a hb dolley, with casters.   I had a helluva time just trying to get my 253 lb dahl + crate... up and over the sill plate of my downstairs sliding glass doors.

To get my dahl  127 lb,  4H  choke into the same basement, I used my dolley, which can swap from vert..to horizontal.
With it horz, and a sheet of wood on it,  choke was lowered from ranger truck tail gate..to sheet of wood...and wheels on dolley chocked.   Shifted choke to back end of dolley 1st. Then took the light end of dolley and gently lifted it up and  over the sill of the sliding glass door opening.    Then slid choke to front end of dolley.  Then lifted the lighter back end, up and over..done.   But had to use a cum-along to get it into the bottom of the rack.  I was lucky, the top of the hammond rack (center 16" square) is easily removed.  A piece of  4"  channel aluminum was laid across on top, to support the big hook.   In it went.   Done at last.
W7TFO
WTF-OVER in 7 land Dennis
Contributing

IN A TRIODE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOUR SCREEN

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 11:28:36 AM »

Real TX iron comes with wheels... Wink

I had a mod from a 10kW Collins just like that.

73DG

Just pacing the Farady cage...
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 06:23:13 AM »

Real iron is moved with a crane, Dennis. Smiley

I have a 2 MW piece of iron to move next week.  It's actually a replacement.  Has to be lifted over the generator set and set on a pad.

Whomever designed the transformer pads to be locked inside on all 4 sides was an idiot.....  I guess we could move the megawatt generator on a trailer to get to it... Sad

--Shane
WP2ASS / ex KD6VXI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015