The AM Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:32:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breezeshooters up and coming June 5  (Read 6492 times)
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« on: May 05, 2005, 09:27:27 PM »

Boy the year is moving right along. Main prize drawing at 3:00 PM it's an Icom IC-756 Pro III..

I just got the notification today, Icom rules the roost here, be nice to see some Yeasu equipment on hand...

Oh well Butler bound on June 5th...
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 02:52:00 AM »

I'll be there Jack. Inside one of the buildings, probably near KJI Electronics. Icom was to set up a display next to KJI and I was to be on the other side of Icom, but just heard recently that Icom backed out. I'll know more about it when I talk to some of the Icom guys, who stay at the same hotel as I do, at Dayton.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 06:22:27 AM »

Good Morning Pete,

Icom backed out huh, what''s up with that..?  Hey it'll be good to meet ya finally and probably alot of the gang will be there, the North Hills bunch are a good group they really try to put off a decent fester...

This year i'm Tranny hunting, so get yer Iron out boys, I need trannys and 813's......
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 07:01:22 AM »

This year i'm Tranny hunting,

I might have a Muncie 3 speed kicking around if you want it.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 07:25:08 AM »

Jack ...... Make a radio weekend of it and come out to Rottenchester Saturday June 4th. Hit Butler on Sunday on the way home !!!!

Just a thought.
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 07:30:48 AM »

Good Morning Bud,

That's Right...Hmm...that's the same weekend...
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 07:50:42 AM »

Jack, do you remember when the Breezeshooters fest was held at White Swan Park?
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 08:21:29 AM »

Morning Steven,

YES I DO, Right at the Foot of the Airport "Then",,Wayne KA3TQG and I used to Attend that regularly, Wayne had a Plymouth Satalite we used to cruse in when we were kids..he got his car first and then i got mine but, we hit that one and the one up in Peters Park in Peters TWP up there at the Pool and...oh heck there was the Wheeling Park "Ogilby Park" fester then too..back then there was ham fests everywhere... :-)

That's going Back a few years Steven... Cheesy
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 12:54:29 PM »

Quote from: Jack-KA3ZLR-
Good Morning Pete,

Icom backed out huh, what''s up with that..?  Hey it'll be good to meet ya finally and probably alot of the gang will be there, the North Hills bunch are a good group they really try to put off a decent fester...

This year i'm Tranny hunting, so get yer Iron out boys, I need trannys and 813's......

I got a very fuzzy story as to why several weeks ago. Maybe by now, the plans changed again. I believe costs were part of the issue.

I was at the Butler hamfest last September and had a great time so I thought I would give the June fest a shot.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 03:27:18 PM »

Yep. That was the place. I understand the park is long gone. I went to the Breezeshooters at White Swan Park in 1982. Breezeshooters moved to Butler not too long after that.

Quote from: Jack-KA3ZLR-
Morning Steven,

YES I DO, Right at the Foot of the Airport "Then",,Wayne KA3TQG and I used to Attend that regularly, Wayne had a Plymouth Satalite we used to cruse in when we were kids..he got his car first and then i got mine but, we hit that one and the one up in Peters Park in Peters TWP up there at the Pool and...oh heck there was the Wheeling Park "Ogilby Park" fester then too..back then there was ham fests everywhere... :-)

That's going Back a few years Steven... Cheesy
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 10:21:14 PM »

Hi guys,

Pete I'll see you up there and Buy ya coffee when i get over to your site..

Steven alot of the little parks are gone now White Swan, West View park, heck Pittsburgh is closing alot of the Pools because of Tight Budgets, so much was invested in the new Ball parks and the new convention center, and hell half the bills from the ones tore down wern't paid up so.. go figure...

But White Swan was a Nice area, Clean and easy access close to home, and the North Hills Bunch are Good Guys and do a good job up at Butler...They'll never hear a Complaint from me I've run our local clubs Ham Fest a coupla years and it's takes alot of work and time to put things together and Notify everybody and try to get people to show up.. Alot of head Aches involved there...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015