The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:42:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEAR-Fest News.....  (Read 2216 times)
W1RC
Contributing

« on: April 20, 2020, 08:14:18 AM »

The NEAR-Fest staff and I thank you all for your support.

For the record....I did not cancel it.  The governor of NH did it with Emergency Order #27.  However had that not done it I would have without hesitation.  We are simply not going to expose our wonderful volunteer staff, our exhibitors, our vendors, our attendees or the good folks of Deerfield to this disease until it is deemed safe to return.  
I think right now we need to isolate ourselves as much as possible which my family and I are doing.  

Amateur radio is the ultimate “social distancing” there is.......

Norm W1ITT is correct.......the Fairgrounds dance card is always filled.  The only weekend that was available for 2020 in mid-July was snapped up by a vintage VW show.  

We are proceeding with plans for NEAR-Fest XXVIII on October 16-17.  We will be selling advance tickets and passes at the usual locations, HRO in Salem NH and Ross, W1EKG, has kindly offered to make them available to those on the South Shore at his clock repair workshop in Whitman MA.

They will also be available by mail order.

The main advantage of buying advance tickets is that there will be a savings of $5.00 over the cost at the gate which will be $15.00 per person.  

Hopefully this increase will be temporary.  inside parking is unchanged at $10.00.

Advance sales will also help replenish our treasury which was low even before this thing started because our attendance was low for both 2019 events due to real or perceived wet weather.  Even though XXVII is cancelled we have financial commitments that must be honoured.

In the event that NEAR-Fest XXVIII is cancelled the tickets/passes will be valid at XXIX or XXX or whenever we resume operations when it is safe once again for everyone to return to Deerfield.  Have faith.....it will come and we will be back!

More on this later........

MrMike, W1RC

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 02:05:01 PM »

Mike,
For those of us who want to make sure there is a future for NF, and appreciate all you and the committee do, is there a way to donate the ticket cost for the canceled fest to help defray the losses?
Nice work!

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
KD1SH

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 02:08:41 PM »

I'd be on board with that.

Mike,
For those of us who want to make sure there is a future for NF, and appreciate all you and the committee do, is there a way to donate the ticket cost for the canceled fest to help defray the losses?
Nice work!

"Gosh, Batman, I never knew there were no punctuation marks in alphabet soup!"
—Robin, in the 1960's Batman TV series.
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 02:58:06 PM »

Mike,
Nice work!
Thanks for the offer, Carl but it is not necessary to donate.  Just buy a ticket or two.  If everybody buys a ticket we will be more than fine.

Just sold the door prize so that brings in a few bucks......

MrMike

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 06:14:51 PM »

For those who might be interested, here’s a link to that vintage air-cooled VW show at Deerfield.  Told son Ben about it...he’s got a somewhat Cal customized 67...dropped front end, 19 hundred something CC, dual downdraft Webers, 150 or so HP...

Maybe we can have a Vintage Car thread going here on QSO? Similar to the Vintage Fishing one that’s been a lot of fun....

Have heard about various people’s cars on the air for years, would be fun to see pix, sort of like an on-line Cruise Night!  

The old RI plate on Ben’s bug came off my 1967 289 Mustang convertible, first car I ever owed.  Wish I still had it!

https://the-bug-club.webs.com/volks-fair-2020

* 28DFC35D-66E4-4F9A-A40E-70C1202935A0.jpeg (3279.13 KB, 3009x3009 - viewed 287 times.)

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015