The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:45:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AN/GRC-106 Stator Assembly  (Read 4605 times)
KA3EKH

« on: February 07, 2020, 10:21:24 AM »

Have been working on several AN/GRC-106 set up for a friend. Have a couple of the amplifier assemblies that have had failures of the Frequency Stator Assembly, that’s the block next to the PA tubes that makes contact between the rotor and the output tank. On at least two of the amplifiers they have burnt away the fingers that contacted the plate tank and this looks like it may be a high failure rate item.
Most 106 amplifiers that I have worked on in the past usually have the stuck servo motors in the ATU or simple problems but I have seen junk sets with burnt fingers before.
So the question is dose anyone out there have a stash of GRC-106 parts? The Frequency Stator Assembly has a number on it 502019 and 80063 along with P/O 502000 and it’s the same numbers on both units I have that are damaged.
Another question is has anyone ever repaired the finger contacts or swapped the contacts on the block before? It appears that maybe if necessary you can strip fingers from the lower stack and use them to replace the one that burns off on the plate line.
The finger stock appears to be stuffed into a slot and held in place with some sort of glue, maybe epoxy?
These two amplifiers with the blown fingers will be about the tenth or so that I have been put together, been running a GRC-106 in the mutt for about five years now and am just about getting to the level of Depo service on them. The more of these sets I can get going the better.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015