Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/11/d132647312/htdocs/Amfone/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_out.php on line 47
Another 813 Build

The AM Forum
February 20, 2019, 03:16:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another 813 Build  (Read 2538 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2019, 11:31:01 PM »

Wasn't there a picture of the power supply of this, like a short rack with a quite large size power transformer sitting in front of it?

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2019, 10:54:01 AM »

I've got that power supply in my shop.  Knocked me with 6kv.
--Shane
KD6VXI
How are you now BTW? I hope healed up well!!

I'm back working in the shop.  Cost me about 6 weeks of downtime but better than the alternative!  Dirt nap!

Glad you got the transformers.  Those oil caps, not sure I'd ever use them so figured I'd send them to someone who may.  And I still have a bunch left over!

If your asking me about the short rack power supply, no.  That was a different supply I built for someone.

The amp / supply that got me was built by someone else.  Incidentally, I've received another amp with a Killen connector.  Same problem.  Wire abraded going into the connector.  Idiots.

--Shane
KD6VXI

* 15496407115014967706118296981231.jpg (3948.5 KB, 4160x3120 - viewed 20 times.)
w9jsw
Two shots of Whisky
Contributing

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2019, 07:24:19 PM »

While I wait for the last relays to show up, I am going to knock out a pcb for the driver. Was never able to get hold of the guy that did the last one. Should not be too hard.

John
w9jsw
Two shots of Whisky
Contributing

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2019, 11:28:43 AM »

Separate thread for the Mosfet driver board. I am laying out a new PCB.

http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=44619.0

John
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2019, 01:45:45 AM »

I've got that power supply in my shop.  Knocked me with 6kv.
--Shane
KD6VXI
How are you now BTW? I hope healed up well!!

I'm back working in the shop.  Cost me about 6 weeks of downtime but better than the alternative!  Dirt nap!

Glad you got the transformers.  Those oil caps, not sure I'd ever use them so figured I'd send them to someone who may.  And I still have a bunch left over!

If your asking me about the short rack power supply, no.  That was a different supply I built for someone.

The amp / supply that got me was built by someone else.  Incidentally, I've received another amp with a Killen connector.  Same problem.  Wire abraded going into the connector.  Idiots.

--Shane
KD6VXI

OK, I just thought that I might have the same transformer as in front of the short rack power supply, and wondered if it was used with a bridge. IIRC mine has three big ceramic terminals on the HV side and lightly stamped '5800' but I have to check. (of course it is on the bottom shelf with the business end facing away, and it's too heavy to be moved easily..) Also wondering what the transformer is from. I guess I should post a picture of it and ask in a separate topic, kinda mixed up as to where on here I saw it, thought it was in this 813 build topic but can't find it now.

Well as far as those connectors - if you insist on correcting that whenever found, future generations of people may live to thank you.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone 2001-2015