The AM Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:36:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GREAT Audio  (Read 6028 times)
wa1sth
Contributing

« on: September 15, 2017, 04:07:13 PM »

Was on 75 today listening to Rob, W1AEX and Skip, WT1H on his new E-rig...WOW talk about GREAT audio.  These guys have taken "Hi fidelity audio" VERY seriously and have done a great job.  I should have recorded it and posted it here.  Daytime band conditions were great and it was very enjoyable listening...73's to all
w1vtp

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 04:58:17 PM »

There are a few around this area that have "E" or SDR rigs and have tweaked them for fidelity.  My handicap is a natural voice that has about 30% THD already built in

Al
wa1sth
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 05:56:39 PM »

Al, you always sound GREAT......it would be pretty boring if we all sounded the same...
w1vtp

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 06:07:40 PM »

I think there's a place for good fidelity AM and for a properly adjusted so-called communications grade AM signal.  First of all, it's all about meeting each other - enjoying the experience and experimentation.  Experimentation can take the form of building a transmitter that has good fidelity or bringing back an old vintage transmitter so that it works "as advertised."

I like the AM experience either way.  What I don't enjoy is the PW signals that dip into the noise with every selective fade and/or additionally is poorly adjusted - make that operating at around 50% or so modulation.  I always enjoy the times when I'm on AM - we have a great bunch of folks with no personality wars.

73 es CU at NearFest, Al
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015