The AM Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:04:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YAESU FT 101 helps save earth.  (Read 2042 times)
Knightt150
Contributing

« on: July 03, 2016, 08:42:19 PM »

Go see the movie INDEPENDENCE DAY at your local theater a FT101( I did not see the model number) helps save the earth, AM mode none the less.
The next time we have an alien attack were saved I have two FT101E's.

John W9BFO
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 01:35:15 PM »

It's amazing how they try to force feed us the "so called experts" on us by using props meant to dazzle us? One example I saw was a severe weather event documentary and they had their expert sitting in front of what was a collectors wall of Heatkit HW-101's, lending creditably expertise?

I didn't see Independence Day as yet so I don't know how well the prop worked but they usually fail miserably. However, it has been said by people in the entertainment industry, that being too accurate leads to a boring movie or show...

In addition, in other productions I saw use of a BC-375 in use without the tank circuits plunged in. Another was BC-375 off loaded on to a boat from a submarine to include a BC-348 receiver and a hand crank generator to power all that equipment? They were taking that to a remote island to spy on the Japanese during WW2. I think it would take at least three if not four people to hand crank a BC-348 and a BC-375 Angry Angry Angry

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015