The AM Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:10:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's wrong with this picture?  (Read 10597 times)
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2016, 02:27:22 PM »

I once laid my wrist across the tube of a Weller soldering iron stand that for some reason was missing the protective wire coil around it.  Left a burn scar that took several years to fade out.

But nothing matched the pain of the time I had a finish nail from my nail gun run wild and come out of the piece of trim I was holding up with my right thumb and forefinger, went into the meat of my thumb, and OUT through my thumbnail...man it hurts just thinking about it while I type this!

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2016, 10:42:37 PM »

Roland, looks like they improved the situation slightly, but the gurl ain't go no solder or solder wick wurkin'! When I was repairing Fender guitar amps I always wanted to see the production facility for the folded line reverberation devices that were "Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton, Wisconsin under controlled atmosphere conditions"...

controlled atmosphere conditions just means some standard air conditioning temperature and humidity, or sometimes only a marketing thing, meaning 'air conditioned' work space.

I do like knowing that a lot of the old electronics was made by ladies. Made with love in the USA by American ladies young and old. There is nothing better.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015