The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:52:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLD .Kenwood TS 850SAT SOLD  (Read 2425 times)
flintstone mop
Contributing

« on: January 08, 2016, 07:18:12 PM »

Lower Price....$640.00
Dear Fellow Ham.....who likes good AM audio and/or a really nice radio

I need to sell my Kenwood TS 850SAT to take care of some co-pays from medical bills. This is my second Kenwood TS 850SAT. It is in excess of my needs.
Physical conditon of the radio is VG, close to a 9. Minor signs of wear.
Serial number 60600197
Electronic Condition of this unit is perfect. All functions work. Antenna tuner, receiving and transmitting. All bands transmit and receive RF.
The radio was purchased from a company that refurbishes these radios and the known shortcomings with this particular model.
Known shortcomings: DDS chips that fail. Not available.
                             Leaky SMD electrolytics that damage PCB's.
                             Replacement of the back-up battery
This radio has the latest, more reliable 66312 DDS chips.

All electrolytics known to cause leakage and damage have been replaced.

The back-up battery has been professionally replaced....NOT TACK SOLDERED to the PCB.

The following is for the use of the AM mode and High Fidelity TX/RX audio
After purchase of this radio I modified it to transmit and receive Hi-Fi audio. All procedures and components were followed by this website:

http://www.ka0ka.com/

I will include the paper work showing what was done and how the radio software was modified to electronically remove any filters from the receive and transmit. Other modes are not affected. All of the proper filters are intact and operate in ALL other modes, EXCEPT AM.
The reception of a good AM broadcast on shortwave or a good Ham AM operator sounds like FM radio in the 12kc position. Transmit audio and receive audio is 30hz to 9khz.

NOTE: The RCA RTTY jack was “borrowed” to input the hi-fi audio from the audio processing used from the microphone. I will not remove the AM TX mod.

I will include with this purchase the high quality isolator used to impedance match and isolate from any possible RFI. It is an $80.00 unit for free.

What you will receive:
Kenwood TS 850SAT transceiver
Power cable
Isolator
Instruction Manual

Paper work used to modify the radio for hi-fi transmit and receive in the AM mode.

PRICE + $20.00 shipping is $640.00.
I will be paying a lot for shipping ...I'm asking you share in shipping and only asking $20.00. I'll use FEDEX ground. I have the original Kenwood box to assure that the unit is packed safely.

* DSC00012 (2160 x 1620).jpg (589.64 KB, 2160x1620 - viewed 392 times.)

* DSC00013 (600 x 450).jpg (44.19 KB, 600x450 - viewed 378 times.)

Fred KC4MOP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015