The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:26:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATED-MANUALS $1 OR THEY ARE GOING TO RECYCLING – ORIGINALS ALSO AVAILABLE  (Read 7405 times)
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« on: December 06, 2015, 03:03:59 AM »

PDF BELOW HAS BEEN UPDATED AGAIN - 12/27/15

I decided to go through some of my file folders again and purge the older replications that were done 15 to 20 years ago and send them all to paper recycling. None of them meet my current quality standards. Most of them were replicated on older analog machines. All of my manuals today are replicated on digital machines. The paper brightness standard back then was 84 brightness. The current standard is 92 or greater brightness. The high quality of the pictures and the crispness of the text, and the ability to replicate down to the smallest font size on schematics was really not available on the older machines which is why I haven’t used them in years and they are just taking up space although they are probably better then what you find on the online manual web sites.

PDF Link is below:
1. The first part of the PDF (stuff between the red lines) lists all the currently available manuals that are targeted for the recycling center. The manuals should all be complete but in raw form. Some might be already punched for a lay-flat binding, some might be stapled, but most are just loose sheets with no punching. Some may have a mix of 84 and 92 or greater brightness paper. If there are schematics that normally would be bonded to make one sheet, most likely in this group they are not. Some schematics may be 8.5 X 11, some may be 11 X 17, and some, maybe somewhere in-between. No heavy covers. Each manual comes in a plastic bag.

2. Included in the listing are original manuals (stuff between the blue lines). All of these manuals may show signs of use.  I would consider them “fair to good”. Your definition might be different and all are excess to my needs. Most of the assembly and operating originals may have check marks, doodles, discoloration, and other typical markings you might find in one of these used manuals. They are priced as indicated.

3. Also included in the listing are original manuals (stuff between the green lines) that came from an amateur dealer or me. To my knowledge, most probably have not been in customer’s hands. They may have been in their service area or just additional stock on hand. They are priced as indicated.

It makes no difference if the replicated manual has 5 pages, 50 pages, or a 100 pages. Each manual is $1.00 plus shipping. Quantities are limited. Pick the manuals you want and let me know by e-mail, manualman@juno.com . Preference of availability is given to First in. I will inform you by e-mail the total price (manual(s) plus shipping. Shipping charge will be weight dependent. No International orders. Shipment will be to any USPS ZIP code. Please include address and ZIP with your request. Payment will only be by Paypal.  If payment is not made within 24 hours from when I send you the total price e-mail, your request will be canceled. I will try to update the PDF at least once a day. If a manual is not on the list, don’t ask if it’s available at this $1 price. It’s not. Again, quantities are limited to the quantity listed. The bottom line is whatever is left on the replicated manual list by the end of December, will go to the recycling center.

As a thank you for participating, each buyer will receive a special gift.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 03:21:10 AM »

The sale has ended. Thank you all for participating. Have a great and prosperous New Year.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015