The AM Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:55:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 572B's now avaiable from RF Parts  (Read 2202 times)
W3GMS
Contributing

« on: July 17, 2015, 03:02:13 PM »

I have been checking RF Parts website from time to time and have been following the 572B saga. 

Well it looks like they are caught up on the back-orders and are now shipping new 572B orders.     

Joe-GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
WD5JKO

WD5JKO

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:42:15 PM »

Joe,

Yes RF parts is shipping out these tubes, but they are not taking new orders yet. I got tired of waiting myself, so I looked for options. I run a Gonset GSB-201 (with mods to get rid of 80m swr issue, and inherit 60 hz cathode modulation). The four Cetron 572B's were very flat. Amertron sells a quad of 572B's for about $340, or $85 apiece. I decided on a whim to go back to 811A's. I bought a quad of them from the Alpha folks for $71. Think about this, a quad of 811A's for less than a single 572B.

http://www.rkrdesignsllc.com/products/transmitting-tubes/matched-quad-four-811a-tubes-glass-triode/

In my GSB-201 with 12V bias (deep class B, or class BC), I can run 150 watts out AM with just the slightest hint of color on the tubes. The positive peaks are strong above 100%. So far the gain is good, and emission stable.

Jim
Wd5JkO
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 08:07:03 PM »

After reading Joe's post earlier in the day, I checked their web site and the "Add to Cart" for 572B's was there. Now it's gone. Probably sold out.
Here's the June 15 update:

"In addition to our March 1 update, we have been testing each production run for quality and longevity, and will start shipping from our latest batch by June 29. All indications are that these new RF PARTS brand tubes are very much equal to the American Made Cetrons. Customers with orders on file will be contacted (in order of date entered) to verify shipping information, charge card numbers, etc. There are not as many tubes this time that we had hoped for, but we are promised larger production runs by summer’s end. As we near the end of summer, please watch for update as to when new orders will be accepted. Thank You for your patience in bearing with us,

Best Regards, Merit W6NQ"

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015