The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:40:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harvey Wells T-90 TX/PS ?  (Read 2157 times)
W6ZKH

« on: May 05, 2015, 07:44:21 PM »

I recently picked up one of these transmitters/power supply and havent opened it up to look inside and see what needs to be replaced as far as caps, etc.  Wonder if anyone on here has ever used or had one that can give me some pointers to look for.  I am sure if the caps are original, I will recap for sure.  Looks to be a fun little rig, even though not zillions of watts out...  dont matter, I am 'barefoot' on all my other tx's anyway..  so, looking for some information that I can ponder over.  I do have the manual for both the TX and PS.

John W6ZKH

John W6ZKH
Cen CA
N3GTE

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 11:22:11 AM »

Hi John
I had that set up about 15 or 20 yrs ago. Short of replacing the caps in the power supply seem like most of the ones in the tx where ceramic.
Sold it years ago. Did just get a set of twins G66/G-77 w/pwr slpy and modulator to play with.
Terry N3GTE
W6ZKH

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 12:01:28 PM »

Thanks for the info..... kinda thought that would be the case... would be nice if I could find a R-9 or 9A receiver to go with it, but that isnt in the works...  fine on the Gonset Twins.... Tom, W6TSJ just found several of those in a barrel in a warehouse, and has recovered 2 sets now... always thought they were cute chrome beauties...  Thanks again..

John W6ZKH

John W6ZKH
Cen CA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015