The AM Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:55:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Sale, Ameritron AL-1500 Amplifier  (Read 3231 times)
kg8v

« on: April 28, 2015, 07:35:11 PM »

AL-1500 Ameritron Amp
For Sale:
Lightly-used Ameritron AL1500 linear amplifier. I used this amp for casual QSO
enjoyment, never for serious DX chasing and never for contesting. I won’t bore you
with pages of specs - they’re easily found online. I’ve had it for about 3 years, and I
would hazard a guess that it has had very little use compared to most. It’s never been
repaired and never modified beyond the 10-meter activation. I bought it with the best
available tube, an Eimac 3CX1500 / 8877, which has never been over-driven and still
gives legal-limit output on all bands with about 65 watts of drive. Now for the hard
part. After having been burned once, I’ve resolved to never sell a piece of high-power
RF gear with return privileges. I’m sorry, but it’s too easy for the uninitiated to damage
it. I can promise this amp is in absolutely perfect condition, but you must take it as is. If
you pick it up, I’ll happily demonstrate it. If you can send a local ham pal to view it
working, that’s fine too. The price for this nice amp is $2,795.00 . After your purchase,
I’ll calculate the direct FedEx shipping cost and add that. You can then remit by Cashier’s
check or U.S. Postal Money Order. I’ll ship immediately upon verification of funds, but
do note it may take a few business days. For a faster turn-around, you can use Paypal
by adding 3% to the purchase price to cover Paypal fees. Another option is that I can
bring it to Dayton and you can give it a thorough look-over. Local pickups also
welcome. Do NOT send me PM, email me at robin@edelsonlaw.com, ONLY

* E1 BE2_2774.jpg (2779.42 KB, 2241x1383 - viewed 472 times.)

* E2 BE2_2772.jpg (1767.67 KB, 2149x1193 - viewed 446 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015