The AM Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:46:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neat Video: ARRL Evolution of Amateur Radio Exhibit  (Read 8283 times)
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« on: April 04, 2015, 10:05:10 PM »

They say it's a new exhibit; don't recall ever seeing it before.

"Visitors to the ARRL Laboratory can now visit our new exhibit, "The ARRL Evolution of Amateur Radio Exhibit", featuring radio apparatus from the early 1900's to the 1980's, contained in it's own long, narrow display room; formally a storage room for obsolete test equipment and parts..."

Complete story is here: http://www.arrl.org/arrl-vintage-amateur-radio-equipment-exhibit along with the video.

If you're impatient, here is the video:
http://www.arrl.org/flash/mediaplayer.swf?file=%2Ffiles%2Ffile%2FTechnology%2FLab%2520Museum.flv

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 05:43:58 PM »

Good to see these displays. Todd-KA1KAQ, John-W3JN and me had a very nice conversation with Ed Hare - W1RFI at the Raleigh Amateur Radio Society hamfest on Friday. He mentioned that the Joe Walsh station was set up at the lab and invited AMers to stop by and operate it.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 06:52:53 PM »

Well, at least all the right people are around if the Valiant pops some smoke.

I was hoping to stop at ARRL the Thursday or Friday before the Centennial Convention to see some the displays but had to do a last minute business trip to Delaware and Virginia. Was at the Convention on Saturday but it was too busy to make it over to the ARRL. Last time I visited was 1978 when some of the current "old stuff" was still relatively new.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015