The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:19:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flex 3000 Discontinued  (Read 15039 times)
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 08:17:28 AM »

Oh I'm just a quiet little clock,
   Ticking all the time,
Looking for ways to top Sherwood's list,
   Ain't I just sublime?

Yeah Guys, the gov't has scads of interference-free room to roam.
Apparently they play with algorithms to sweep through and utilize our noisy regions too, without even a hiccup.  Of course being allowed plenty of power helps along with frequency agility we can only dream of.

Um, wandered a little there..
So Now we need a comparative list for the transmitters.
The old FCC mask could be reinstated for starters, home brewing always being excepted of course.  Can't believe I've actually asked for regulation; horrors!  Grin

RICK  *W3RSW*
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 06:37:52 AM »

The competition is getting stiff out here with many others offering some nice stuff. The bigger disappointment is finding help on their website and downloading software.  I get a lot of those ooops messages from the internet that "this page is no longer available"
Fortunately there are other personal websites that the owners have archives of their software.
There are a lot of stories about Flex not being too cooperative to repair the equipment now. Taking too long, the unit comes back doing something else wrong, unit still has same defect, etc, etc
Fred

Fred KC4MOP
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 03:00:59 PM »

The competition is getting stiff out here with many others offering some nice stuff. The bigger disappointment is finding help on their website and downloading software.  I get a lot of those ooops messages from the internet that "this page is no longer available"

If you find a broken or non-functioning  link on their web site, you should notify them about it. Some links were broken when they moved to their current web site style.

Fortunately there are other personal websites that the owners have archives of their software.
There are a lot of stories about Flex not being too cooperative to repair the equipment now. Taking too long, the unit comes back doing something else wrong, unit still has same defect, etc, etc
Fred

I generally don't take too much stock in the P&M posts that float around the Internet and Internet forums but, then again, if it's on the Internet, it must be true. Equipment breaks down on occasion, users screw it up or try something that it wasn't designed to do, mother nature sometimes plays a part, or users use it with equipment that's not compatible. Parts for older equipment sometimes become discontinued and sometimes the manufacturer just has to bite the bullet and drop the support. Sometimes the repair process misses the mark. It wouldn't be the first time. I've had to bring back my car for service for the same repair on more then one occasion. Equipment, people, and processes are not always perfect.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015