The AM Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:14:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BC-610 E... Finally!  (Read 13535 times)
N6YW
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2014, 10:05:30 PM »

Do you not own a ricebox?   They make great VFO devices :-)

--Shane
KD6VXI

Nope, no thanks.

"Life is too short for QRP"
N6YW
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 11:54:56 PM »

The "Maiden" transmission on the AMI West Coast Net tonight was a fine success. I simply cannot fully express my satisfaction into words by having the Voice of Victory on the air. While I had to use the tuning unit instead of a crystal or VFO, it made a fine RF footprint in the shacks of numerous people without any complaint. These experiences are what makes AM the most satisfying mode of operation for me.
It simply kicks ass in gentlemanly way.
Hooked for life Smiley

Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2014, 12:10:14 AM »

This is very uplifting to hear that the 610 is a success! I hope you have lots of fun with it going forward and get rid of the noises.

To be sure I use a plastic radio for the VFO/exciter, and it also serves the other modes with or without an amp. various RF switches and relays help. Hope to make it all relays at some point.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
N6YW
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 12:45:35 AM »

It's a trip...
I am pretty new to the AM side of things, and within 3 years I have become an absolute junkie for all
things AM.
SSB is useful but it's boring and full of the usual crap ops who could care less about respect and operational understanding, which is something I strive for each day when I turn the switches on.
I never thought I would become the custodian of such a fine example of radio history, so you can understand why I take this so seriously. I want to represent, and in doing so, know what I am doing.
This is why I ask so many questions without fear of sounding like an idiot... you never learn unless you ask questions, make notes and proceed with some confidence. AM Fone has helped me immensely in unwinding many of the puzzles that face the newer OPS who have become an AM junkie like me.
I truly appreciate all of the encouragement and loads of info that has allowed me to get in the mix.
My rewards are many and the knowledge gained is priceless, but when the candles get lit and the meter swings all the way to the sweet spot, that's when I know all of my many efforts have been fully realized.
The numerous compliments I received on the air over the past 5 days have been completely awesome and while it's not close to operationally perfect, it's quite close enough for me because just being able to say I am doing this in real time is without question what we live for. I did the work so I get the rewards.
Hell yes!
Meanwhile, the Gates BC-1H awaits...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015