The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:31:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC-255 unit -schematic for modding  (Read 2606 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: September 27, 2014, 11:57:58 PM »

This is an old FM mobile unit but has 25W. Does anyone have the -service- manual or schematic? I already found the owners manual (no schematic).

I like tinkering with this old simpler stuff; as it has power adjustments via pots therefore presumably voltage, some AM experiment may be possible with the transmitter.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 09:51:24 PM »

This is an old FM mobile unit but has 25W. Does anyone have the -service- manual or schematic? I already found the owners manual (no schematic).

I like tinkering with this old simpler stuff; as it has power adjustments via pots therefore presumably voltage, some AM experiment may be possible with the transmitter.

Icom never issued a service manual for the IC-255A. The schematic and board layouts are separate sheets that come with the operating manual. People who scan stuff probably never read the Table of Contents to see what comprises the complete manual.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 07:38:36 PM »

Well a kind person sent me a useful copy of the schematic, I enjoyed putting the 4 pages together and reading it as a whole, which is the -only- way to enjoy a schematic including the larger ones; these old and simpler sets really bring back memories (including volatile, battery-backed memories!). I guess that will have to do for any service. The owners manual is pretty good, probably ok combined with the diagram for service, as long as the material is understood. Once I play with it a bit, if it works well I think it'd be worth a complete and well reproduced set of the documents you mentioned, if available.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015