The AM Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:00:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking For A Gates Transmitter BC-1G or Similar  (Read 1545 times)
Scott Bailey
« on: September 27, 2014, 06:50:22 PM »

Hello,

I am looking for a Gates Transmitter, Model BC-1G. I would like to have it in working condition. I am not in any hurry to get one. I thinking about getting my Ham License and use a broadcast transmitter.

I don't mean to be picky, but I have plenty of time because the house my wife and I live in is located in a subdivision that has a home owner's association over it, and we are putting our house on the market, buying a smaller home, when I can at least put up a 40' Tower/Antenna.

Also, I want to find one close to where I am, about 300 miles or so from Nashville. It doesn't matter if it takes me a few years to get this project going, I am disabled and just looking for something to do at night when there is nothing good on TV.

I don't want to pay an "arm and a leg" for it. Oh, a Gates BC-1H would be second choice. I am just want to have something else to do. My Doctor told me I need to find something else to do (hobby wise), when I am not working. As I said, I am not in no hurry, I have plenty of time. I have found 1 or 2 Gates BC-1T's around here, but I have no interest in the BC-1T. You can respond back to me at you're convenience.

We haven't sold our house yet, but if the right box comes along I want, I will buy it and I have a storage area to work on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015