The AM Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:17:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K2PG NJ site for sale...more  (Read 5456 times)
K2PG

« on: September 08, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »

Earlier, I mentioned that I may be selling my site in New Jersey. Since I am heading toward bankruptcy, I will have to sell it. The house is ten minutes from some of New Jersey's finest ocean beaches. There is good fishing in both the ocean and the bay (no license required for salt water fishing in NJ), and some nice lakes in the nearby Pine Barrens.

To see my station, click on this link www.k2pg.com, go to AM Station, then on Station Pictures.

Please contact me at phil (at) k2pg.com if you are interested. I would rather sell the house and station to someone who is interested in vintage AM gear than to lose it all to foreclosure.

It's been almost 46 years since I first went on the air...it has been a good run.

Thanks,

Phil K2PG
K2PG

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 07:17:51 AM »

The inability to find steady, full-time work means that my AM station in New Jersey must go! I would like to sell the house and the station as a package. The AM station features three broadcast transmitters and a switching console to place one into the antenna and the other two into dummy loads. There is also an audio console and processing gear. A Rohn 25G tower serves as a folded unipole and as a support for other antennas. The station is ready to go on the air...just turn the power switch on!

The house is in southern Ocean County, just a few miles away from some of the finest beaches in New Jersey, with their white sugar sand. There are also some pristine lakes nearby in the Pinelands and the proximity to the ocean moderates the weather...winters are mild for that latitude and the breeze from the east cools the summer evenings. This house did not sustain any damage from Hurricane Sandy.

Interested? Please contact me via PM or e-mail: phil (at) k2pg.com. I put years of work into my station and would rather see it go to another ham than to have to dismantle it.

Phil K2PG
K2PG

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 07:27:22 PM »

The house and station are still available and I am willing to come down on the price. I successfully appealed the tax assessment in March, resulting in a 50% drop in the taxes on the property. My inability to find full-time work in my field (radio broadcasting) means that I must dispose of most of my assets. I dread having to rip apart this station, but will consider selling the big transmitters and, possibly, some related items if the house doesn't sell. If it goes into foreclosure, everything will end up in a Dumpster. And I don't want that to happen.

My AM station is currently dark, but you need only to turn on a switch to operate it under local control.

Contact me at phil (at) k2pg.com or via PM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015