The AM Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:02:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you checked out HAMSEXY DOT COM yet?  (Read 11380 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« on: January 14, 2005, 01:45:51 AM »

Does the amateur radio community have enough of a sense of humour to laugh at itself?

This site is hilarious.  I have been hearing a lot about lately but viewed it for the first time last night.  Kind of a ham radio Saturday Night Live.  I particularly enjoyed the hamfest photos.  Some of these just might make ham radio a little more than "faintly" embarrasing.

Rumour has it that QRZ.com will kick anyone off their list who posts a link to the site.

http://www.hamsexy.com/

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
WB3JOK

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 12:16:52 PM »

I thought you couldn't link directly to them or you get "Tubgirled", as they put it... that one definitely tops my collection of really disgusting pictures  :twisted:
Ott

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 01:31:37 PM »

Quote from: k4kyv
Does the amateur radio community have enough of a sense of humour to laugh at itself?

This site is hilarious.  I have been hearing a lot about lately but viewed it for the first time last night.  Kind of a ham radio Saturday Night Live.  I particularly enjoyed the hamfest photos.  Some of these just might make ham radio a little more than "faintly" embarrasing.

Rumour has it that QRZ.com will kick anyone off their list who posts a link to the site.

http://www.hamsexy.com/

Hi ya Don...

Well it seems that science also abounds at Hamsexy... found this item on their site about the "why" of thunder...

http://weeklyworldnews.com/features/science/61484?printer=1

Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 03:22:30 PM »

Quote from: WB3JOK
I thought you couldn't link directly to them or you get "Tubgirled", as they put it... that one definitely tops my collection of really disgusting pictures  :twisted:

You "collected" that?

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
Glenn K2KL
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 03:57:19 PM »

I love "half shirt guy" as "Lord Of The Dorks"!!!!

haaaaaaaaaa!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
W1UJR
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 10:20:40 PM »

Looks like Ed Gable K2MP and Bob W2ZM are "HamSexy" with some cool old buzzard gear.
I'd vote for that!

http://www.hamsexy.com/week14.html

See for yourself.

w1es
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 10:16:32 PM »

Pretty Frickin Funny!

Just enough to remind us not to take things too seriously  :badgrin:
KC9ECI
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 11:02:11 PM »

Glad some of you fellows are enjoying http://www.hamsexy.com/

I just found your site today and I'm looking forward to spending some time here.  I've not done any AM yet, but when the Icom gets back from Bellvue, I'll have to give it a shot.  I guess I lie..I do have one AM contact under my belt.  I did an AM contact on 6M a few weeks ago during a band opening.

Tom
KC9ECI
One of the Hamsexy.com Message Board Staff
KA1ZGC
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 12:43:46 AM »

Quote from: KC9ECI
Glad some of you fellows are enjoying http://www.hamsexy.com/

I just found your site today and I'm looking forward to spending some time here.  I've not done any AM yet, but when the Icom gets back from Bellvue, I'll have to give it a shot.  I guess I lie..I do have one AM contact under my belt.  I did an AM contact on 6M a few weeks ago during a band opening.

Tom
KC9ECI
One of the Hamsexy.com Message Board Staff

Ahhh... AM on an Icom: now that's hamsexy! :cool:

Okay, all kidding aside, nice to have you aboard. Quite a few of us have been watching you guys for a while now. Good stuff, definately keep it up!

Curious what model Icom you've got, some of them sound pretty decent out of the box, some of them need serious work in the audio section to get the clothespin off your nose. Plenty of guys here running various Icoms with mixed results (hey, it's ham radio).

Between this site and the AM Window (there's a link around here somewhere, I always mess up the domain), there's quite a knowledge base to draw from. Quite a few of us are (or were) in broadcasting, so the wives-tale ratio is kept nice and small. Also tons of pictures that range from truly cool to downright hamsexy.

There's even a couple pics of me that cross the line into sheepsexy, but you'll know what I mean when you find them.  :oops:

Also lots of audio samples available on both sites, worth spending some time with. You'll find a lot of guys getting fantastic audio on very manly carriers with fairly modest, practical setups.

At any rate: welcome aboard, anyone who pisses off QRZ is okay in my book!  :twisted:

--Thom
Kinky Astronaut One Zero Gravity Cunnilingus
KC9ECI
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 04:28:57 AM »

Hi Thom-

It's one of the IC-703's.  It suffered the dreaded bias overvoltage fry the finals failures a couple weekends back during the 070 PSK contest.  I'm having that repaired and the 60 meter mod done as long as it's on the bench.  
I don't know how it sounds on AM, but I know that AM sure sounds pretty on it.  I was listening to a fellow across the river from me in Winona Mn a few weeks back, I think the call was K7YOO, and I just couldn't believe how nice the audio was.
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 12:01:20 PM »

Hi Tom!

Welcome aboard.

I just got done reading some more of HamSexy.com...  great site for sure.  Sometimes we all get tired of the hi-hi fb ham stuff and need some good laughs.

The story below is one that I ran across from the site  - pretty funny -  based upon a Timonium Hamfest trip.

Keep up the good work, OM.

Tom, K1JJ

------------

"One of my favorite hamsexy stories with Seth didn’t involve the repeater at all. I was driving a carpool with Seth back from the Timonium hamfest. Also in the car was Kevin, N3LGA, and Andrew. Kevin was another of our resident nocturnal repeater degenerates. Andrew was sort of a ham wannabe at this point but was interested enough to come along to the ‘fest. Andrew was being very annoying and running his mouth a bunch on the fairly long drive back from Timonium. Now first, a little background. Seth had to this ‘fest brought with him an 8” floppy rubber dildo which he planned to produce and beat onto any hapless tailgate vender’s table while screaming “you are dicking me over! You are dicking me over!” with the hope of intimidating his way into the best possible hamfest value, if not making new friends. So here we were, with Andrew not shutting up despite vigorous encouragement. How to make someone close their mouth? How indeed. So Seth shoves the dildo right into Andrew’s mouth in mid-sentence. A loud gagging noise ensues, and I am laughing so hard I hit the jaguar in front of us at the light. Lucky for me, there was no visible damage to either car (this is back when cars still had bumpers) and for some strange reason the jag driver wasn’t real interested in hanging out to exchange information with 4 white guys in camo pants. So I kinda got out of the hobby somewhat during college, but am slowly being drawn back. "

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 02:56:10 PM »

Timonium always seems to instigate a critical mass when it comes to this kind of thing....  remember the year you and Tron came down, T?  As I recall I introduced myself as "W3FSH - W 3 Fat Smelly Ham".

And Tom, welcome aboard - hope you participate more in the AM community.  I think you'll find for the most part the denizens here are the antithesis of hamsexy - much more knowledgeable than your average hammy hambone, able to hold a conversation without once saying "HI HI" or "Fine Business", and we have a hell of a lot of fun on the air.  With a few exceptions I would submit that our collective personal hygiene is way above the typical ham radio average as well.  Some of us even look halfway normal in person, and I've never seen a confirmed AMer in a half-shirt.

73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 03:08:12 PM »

Quote from: w3jn
Some of us even look halfway normal in person, and I've never seen a confirmed AMer in a half-shirt.

73 John

Damn skippy!  Half shirt bah!  Next fest I'm wearing the full quieting outfit: motorcycle chaps and nothing underneath.

Go Duke![/b]
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 03:20:09 PM »

Full quieting indeed, Paul  :mrgreen: !!

Would those be the ones with the hatch open in the buttocks area for easy access??

73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 03:37:16 PM »

Quote from: w3jn
Full quieting indeed, Paul  :mrgreen: !!

Would those be the ones with the hatch open in the buttocks area for easy access??

73 John

Just a fashion hint seen on Sponge Bob Sweet Pants.  
These guys dig it.

Go Duke![/b]
W1GFH
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 07:04:55 PM »

For the hamsexy award I wish to nominate myself (pic taken at Deerfield 1985 Friday evening glow-fest) and pal Hank WR1TER (pic taken at Deerfield 1986) manning the controversial (but ever popular) RADIO HOOLIGANS swap table.

KC9ECI
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2005, 09:02:26 AM »

Perhaps I'll get to meet some of you this spring.  Hamsexy has a booth at Dayton and I have tentative plans to attend.
K8TEK
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2005, 09:06:17 AM »

BUMP
http://forums.hamsexy.com/viewtopic.php?t=2148

Booth #193.  See you all there
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2005, 11:07:13 AM »

HEH HEH! You're inside. Good luck with the smell, especially if it rains.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015