The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:13:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 meter activity in the Tucon Arizona area  (Read 7325 times)
k6hsg

« on: February 19, 2014, 08:09:30 PM »

Is there any activity here in Tucon?
I listen and have recently done a CQ on 50.4 with no results.
I will be doing a CQ for a while on 50.4 when I am out feeding my wife's horses in the afternoon, 16:30 Arizona time.
If any activity I have a Clegg Zeus and Interceptor that I might work on to use.
Currently using a Icom 7600.

John,  K6HSG  Tucson, Arizona
n4joy

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »

Hi.  I checked the AM window and there is (was) an Arizona AM Net on 50.4  (Saturday 8:00 PM MT).  Perhaps they are still active.  My recommendation is to join a club and solicit involvement--that is what I am having to do.  I've been calling CQ on various 6 meter frequencies (AM calling and SSB area) and on various times for months (1-2 hours at a time) and have yet to make one contact.  I managed to a get a sked going with one station and we're trying to get others to join us.  Good luck and don't give up! 

W5CEM

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 10:35:14 AM »

Not home to look up the call, but there is a serious 6mtr. AM guy up in Prescott.  Not going to do you much good for local stuff, but keep listening.  He was my first AM contact several years ago and I still him when we get a band opening over this way. 

Much like n4joy, I am drumming up interest.  Keep pointing out Gonset, and Clegg rigs on various sale sites that guys could acquire.  Looking at having a Sat. loop building get togther at the lake.  Lots of old lawnchairs out there for the taking. 

If I could find half a dozen guys interested, the 6mt. AM repeater, like they have in St. Louis, would be a great project...

cleve/W5CEM

I'm a little bit OCD n ADD...I like things a certain way, for a short time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015