The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:00:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QST and the ARRL  (Read 11773 times)
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« on: December 31, 2004, 11:07:00 AM »

I joined up  for two years and I can't wait to see the article. :cool:

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 11:21:58 AM »

Quote from: W2INR
I joined up  for two years and I can't wait to see the article. :cool:

As mentioned in a previous post, Ed Hare says he's received 23 requests for the free Jan QST issue so far as a result of his offer on this BB.   These issues have been signed by N1SC, the Ranger II article author. Ham collectables.

Anyone else still wanting one can contact Ed via email at " W1RFI@ARRL.org  "    [included with the issue is an ARRL membership application... hint, hint ]

I'm still waiting for my signed Hiram bobbing head to arrive.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 11:54:35 AM »

Gee

I applied thru normal channels(ARRL Web Site). I wonder if I get the signed edition?

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
W3NP
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005, 06:31:27 AM »

I applied on-line too Gary. I sent an email to Ed telling him that and he recently sent me an email saying I have a signed copy coming but I haven't got it yet.
PS: I did get my membership card in the mail today.

---Dave  W3NP
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2005, 12:10:03 PM »

When I signed up my son two years ago, it was right after I received that month's issue. He did not start getting his issues until the following month. So Gary, maybe you should rquest the Jan. issue from Ed.

Anyway, I see when we post today, Dec. 31th, the post date say's Jan 1st, 2005. Did Dec. change to only 30 days or are those "bad" clock cookies at work?

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
WB2CAU

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2005, 10:22:41 PM »

Ed (and the ARRL) kindly sent an autographed (by N1SC) copy to me and I was so impressed with a great article and additional content relating to vintage radio that I signed up for 3 years!  I want to note that I dropped my membership around 1980 or so.  I've been League-less for about 25 years.  It took a great article from Stu, N1SC, to pry the money from my sweaty hands.  

Now I should be able to access some of the "members-only" content on the ARRL site... yippeeeeeeee!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2005, 10:32:59 PM »

Quote from: WB2CAU
Ed (and the ARRL) kindly sent an autographed (by N1SC) copy to me and I was so impressed with a great article and additional content relating to vintage radio that I signed up for 3 years!  

Hey, that's great, Eric!!!

Do send a quick note to Dave Sumner at  K1ZZ@ARRL.org   and let him know why you rejoined.  He's aware of Ed's offer and these results will confirm that promoting AM works.

Money talks and it has a tremendous positive effect when they get these kinds of emails...    Dave has responded back to all of my quick notes and has even taken the time to chat about AM on the air with me. Great press for everyone involved.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W1RFI
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 03:08:47 AM »

Quote from: W2INR
I applied thru normal channels(ARRL Web Site). I wonder if I get the signed edition?

George,

I don't remember who all emailed me, but if you emailed me with your postal address, then I would have sent a copy of the January issue to you. Most have them already, but the west coast folks may take a few more days. If anyone who emailed me last week doesn't have theirs by the end of this week, something went wrong, so just contact me.

If any of you just signed up, you won't get the January issue, but will probably start with the March issue, delivered mid February.  If you just missed out, send me your postal address and I will send along the January issue.  I automatically stick in the membership application, so either pass it on or make a paper airplane or using it the next time you are in the reading room. :-)

If any of you already-members want Stu to sign your QST, you will have to mail it to him, with a post-it on it, asking for an autographed copy and I will pick up the return postage from the Lab postage budget.   You could also come to ARRL HQ and meet him in person and ask him to sign it there.  If you do, and I am around, I will personally give you the tour through the Lab when you get their on the regular tour.

Ed Hare, W1RFI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015