The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:33:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally Decided To Upgrade. Should I Change My Call?  (Read 10363 times)
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 08:24:18 PM »

Might want to concentrate on getting back on the air first. Without that, it doesn't matter what call you have.  Grin
w1vtp

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 10:01:16 PM »

What!  And give up the world's worse phone call?

NEVER
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 10:55:08 PM »

Thanks much for the birthday greetings, guys!

It's amazing to me that out of 13 billion years this universe has been here, right now is where time happens to be. It's OUR turn to be alive for our short dance.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
n3lrx
Yellrx Radio
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 11:40:26 PM »

Well, the way 1x2's go I'm sure I'm not the only one with eyes on it. It's still in the cool down pot right now. I've got another 2 years to decide if I want to change or not.  Without disclosing to the masses which call I want, trust me it's really kewl and matches the whole HF coolness.

Randy, N3LRX (Yellrx)
W4EWH

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2013, 06:23:45 PM »

Calls are funny: I hated my first one, didn't like my second, and thought my third was "OK". I had WN1FXU when I was first licensed, and then a "6" call when I was working in California, and then another WA1 call I don't remember, and then, when I got the Advanced, I was assigned AA1ES, which was probably the one I liked the best.

When the first "Vanity" gate was opened, I applied for W4BH, and a slew of others as "Consolation prizes", and I got the second choice, W1AC. In retrospect, I suspect that if I had applied only for W4BH, I would have gotten it, just because it would have been easier than refunding the fee.

Oh, well. I just got rejected for W4EH, which apparently hasn't been dormant long enough, so I'll have to go look for WxEWH or something.

As I wrote, call signs are funny, as are those who want them!

Bill, W1AC

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
K2PG

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2013, 11:15:57 PM »

When the first "Vanity" gate was opened, I applied for W4BH.

You would have gotten some snickers from German ops with that one. In German, "BH" is short for Büstenhalter...a brassiere!.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015