The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:25:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hammarlund Four-20 and Four-11 Transmiiter  (Read 3133 times)
wa2pjp

« on: September 12, 2013, 03:21:50 PM »

Hi All,

I recently purchased a very nice Hammarlund Four 20 and Four-11 transmitter-modulator combination in very nice shape , but it is missing the tank coils. Does any one know which coils where used or does any one have a set of 80/40 meter coils I could purchase, or the drawings in which case I could make my own. My manual doesn't give much detail on these.
Thanks and 73's,
Joe
WQ9E

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 05:01:37 PM »

Joe,

I have this pair along with most/all of the coils.  I will take some photos and provide info over the weekend if nobody else provides it first.

Rodger WQ9E
wa2pjp

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 10:33:30 PM »

Hi Rodger, thanks very much I would really appreciate that as I would like to put this rig on the air and hopefully find a nice clean HQ-129 to go alone with it.
Don, W2DL

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »

Hello Joe,  check your PM on this BB for my comment 

Don, W2DL

Don, W2DL
57years a ham!!
WQ9E

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 07:20:40 PM »

Hi Joe,

Sorry not to get back to you sooner but a bunch of unexpected tasks showed up this weekend including a racing pigeon who decided to hang out for a couple of days Smiley 

I pulled my 4-20/4-11 setup and documentation to confirm my memories were correct.  Mine came with B&W "junior" coils for the 4 bands it covers and the only modification to the coils is an added lead to allow selection of how many turns of the output coupling coil are used to provide coupling control.  They all work fine so I would suggest you consider this route.  I remember searching the web when I got mine a couple of years ago and the only photo I could find of a supposed Hammarlund original coil looked just like the B&W coils with the added clip lead.

Jim Hanlon wrote an excellent article about the Hammarlund pair in March 1997 Electric Radio which you will find helpful if you haven't run across it already.

Rodger WQ9E
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015