The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:47:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Classic AM QSO  (Read 13112 times)
ka4koe
Contributing

It's alive. IT'S ALIVE!!!

« on: June 05, 2013, 06:43:15 PM »

I had was with K1MBX, Roger, located in NC, 24 May 2013, 3885 KHz, 2330Z. I was using the Valiant and an R388 into an inverted L antenna. I received my QSL card today in the mail.

I'm outta control, plain and simple. Now I have a broadcast transmitter.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:25:45 PM »

Congratulations! I love sending and receiving QSL cards. 80M is no good for me but 40 is a fun afternoon! Be sure to note on the card it was your first classic AM one. In the future when you look through them, it'll bring back a happy memory and story again.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
WA3VJB
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 07:52:41 AM »

Vcool.  "Classic AM QSO" is a neat slogan to use, and your first such contact must have been a rush.

The custom of QSLing is quaint.  I've got some leftover VJB ARRL cards from about 30 years ago, the "classic" black and red kind that matched the original QST magazine size and artwork.  I use them when replying, or when there's a special event like the AM Band Warming Party from a few years ago.

I think I also used a bunch of them for international AM contacts during sunspot Cycle 23.

But I don't routinely initiate a QSL exchange.  I appreciate when people send them, but I don't know what to do with them.  Most of the personal details I've already written down in my card file or log book.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 05:20:43 PM »

But I don't routinely initiate a QSL exchange.  I appreciate when people send them, but I don't know what to do with them.  Most of the personal details I've already written down in my card file or log book.

That's what empty shoe boxes are for. That's where I keep all mine.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015