The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:42:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A WIN for Our Side! SS-B Clown Gets His Handed To Him  (Read 15480 times)
WB4AIO
WB4AIO
Contributing

Better fidelity means better communication.

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2013, 09:31:13 AM »

This was not a case of AM against AM interference. KJ9T and his group were on SSB and they decided that they owned 3875. They were actually caught plotting future interference and congratulating each other on the results of their intentional interference in the past. Not very bright.

If we want to preserve the "AM Window", the best way to do that is to get on the air and have fun.

Bill - W1LLY

Thanks for the clarification. That is so bizarre. KJ9T has been an AM enthusiast for years, and still is. Why would he do something so malicious to another AM operator, or any operator? I guess humans are territorial animals and go a little crazy sometimes when "their" frequency is being used by someone else...

Kevin.

WA3VJB
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2013, 11:03:34 AM »

I wonder when "preserving" a specific spot on the dial is the same as claiming ownership of a frequency.

Either position can only go so far.

I prefer to "own" whatever frequency where I've set up or joined a QSO, for the duration of that QSO.  And that strategy can be defended in any venue: regulatory, political and practical.

That's also where, to support Bill's point, getting on and regularly operating makes all the difference.
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2013, 11:55:26 AM »

LOL. Modern day Don Quixotes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015