The AM Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:37:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about building a Audio Chain  (Read 14762 times)
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 08:46:40 AM »

That is a nice box! And it has a nice big VU meter.

If you don't want or need the digital section and the computer connections, check out the ART Pro Channel. Cost is about $100 less.
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 11:29:27 AM »

<snip>

For Bear: Nobody really *needs* those fancy amps that have more digits in the price than they do in the wattage rating either.  Wink

Ya gotta use better bait if you wantzta catch a bear...! Cheesy

_-_-

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 11:40:04 AM »

<snip>

For Bear: Nobody really *needs* those fancy amps that have more digits in the price than they do in the wattage rating either.  Wink

_-_-

I wasn't trying to bait u in or nothing. if I wanted to do that, I'd just sprinkle some wooden volume knobs on the ground and use a snare made form oxygen free 8ga power cords. Smiley

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 11:48:15 AM »

<snip>

For Bear: Nobody really *needs* those fancy amps that have more digits in the price than they do in the wattage rating either.  Wink

_-_-

I wasn't trying to bait u in or nothing. if I wanted to do that, I'd just sprinkle some wooden volume knobs on the ground and use a snare made form oxygen free 8ga power cords. Smiley

Actually I take that back. From what I've seen on ur site in the past, your stuff's not about that "golden ear" horsepuckey from the audiophool sites. Apologies.

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 12:18:08 PM »

Yep, looks like a nice unit, Clark.  I see it has a patch panel on the back to do whatever.

They keep coming out with new stuff all the time to give us buyer's remorse for what we just bought... Grin

BTW, fixed my HPSDR spike lockup problem so now can transmit with 5Kc AM skirts in software. Sharp as a razor. With the processor on "10" the bandwidth is still +- 5 Kc.   I checked it on a reciever last night and was amazed.

I think the FT-1000D may get less use in the future.   The class E rig is next for evaluation.  

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 01:24:27 PM »

We all hang out on 21.429 AM. during the day Tom.  Fire it up and point the beam this way. 

I like the ART. I got mine cheaper.  Its really been great. One unit. Very simple to use. Also. One thing I want to point out is if you get a preamp a nice feature is the impedance matching adjustment for the preamp.  On the art unit, when I adjust that, The mic comes in and sounds awesome. Then the next mic, needs another setting to match.  Without that feature, its a toss up.

C
KD0HUX

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2013, 09:06:03 AM »

A $500 mic for ham AM is a waste of money but if you have money to waste okay, at least they look nice.

Rob  

Why do you consider it a waste, Rob?

A hobby is for the pleasurable pasttime of the person who takes part in it.  I don't accept the concept that money or resources devoted to that hobby are a "waste," and I hope your judgement applies only to yourself and not how you look at others.
Wink
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »

The Voice channel is intended for exactly what you want, It has mic preamp, EQ, peak and avg meters, Limit, compression, expander, real nice noise gate, etc.. It also has USB so you can plug it to the computer and play for days or weeks with all different kinds of audio applications or just monitor yourself on the PC.

That is one fine looking and capable looking piece of audio gear Clark. Gonna keep my eyes open for one on the used market......

I read the spec and it seems to be all you need..

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015