The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:57:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TAYLOR TUBES  (Read 11371 times)
KB5MD
Contributing

« on: January 24, 2013, 09:05:46 AM »

Are Taylor tubes still made in the US or are they made in China and just branded Taylor Huh
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:55:42 AM »

branded, afaik.

Taylor is long gone.

The only operating plant in the USA is Richardson. Raytheon may or may not make tubes...

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
Knightt150
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 02:18:08 PM »

I was informed from RF PARTS that the taylor tube parts were sent over sea's for assembly and then shipped back to the U.S.

John W9BFO
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 02:46:19 PM »

Sure.

And these parts came from where??

I doubt that story.

Anyhow it isn't the old Taylor Tube company.

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 04:49:31 PM »

I have seen Taylor 833A tubes mfg in China and 3-500's also from China with the Taylor brand. I don't think that the original mfg made 833A tubes and as far as 3-500  series, I think Taylor went out of business before  a 3-500 was invented.  I also missed out on about 15-810 tubes by the New Taylor for cheap. They really looked great!

It would seem to me that some of their larger tubes such as 211's and other must be getting better as they are seen in hi end audio amplifiers. One of my friends has an amp with the 211's and it sounds great. Early 572B tubes were for the pits. The filament burned white hot and lasted about six months and kaput they went. The newer ones are burning the nice yellow that all triodes should for long life. Can't find much about Taylor on line except someone is talking bad about their 572B's? On the other hand, there is lots of talk about Taylor Swift and I wonder if she knows how to use a tube tester?

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
K3ZW
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 07:15:40 PM »

I recently purchased 4 matched Taylor 572b's from RF Parts. One had a bad filament. RF Parts replaced it no questions asked.
Good customer service.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 08:40:27 PM »

I recently purchased 4 matched Taylor 572b's from RF Parts. One had a bad filament. RF Parts replaced it no questions asked.
Good customer service.

RF Parts Transmitting and other Tube Warranties:
http://www.rfparts.com/warranty.html

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
K6IC
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 03:11:57 PM »

Did not read ALL of the Warranty verbosity from RF Parts,  BUT,

The brand " Taylor Tubes "  Is owned by RF Parts,  or probably more correctly,  is owned by a Principal in or owner of RF Parts -- Merit Arnold,  as noted here:

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4005:8d3rx1.2.1

FWIW,  Vic
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 03:50:26 PM »

Did not read ALL of the Warranty verbosity from RF Parts,  BUT,

The brand " Taylor Tubes "  Is owned by RF Parts,  or probably more correctly,  is owned by a Principal in or owner of RF Parts -- Merit Arnold,  as noted here:

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4005:8d3rx1.2.1

FWIW,  Vic

Actually the link expires or is terminated after you leave the site.
You need to go here: http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp and then do a Trademark search on whatever.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
K6IC
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »

OK,  Pete,   had not yet tested the link ...  usually leave this site,  return and test the link,  and fix it if necessary.

Did not want to copy the text and paste it here (especially text from the US .. Trademark office!).

TU,  Vic
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 09:47:33 PM »

Taylor tubes are all made in Chinese factories that will paint on any name you want. The 572B is only made by Shunguan and my and my customers experience is out of 4, one will be defective which makes me wonder about their special QC hype.

OTOH, I buy my 572B's direct from China, save money, they arrive in about 6 days, they all work, plus also have a one year warranty. They are completely stable in a Clipperton L on 10M and dont even show color at a 300W+ carrier plus modulation on AM.

Ive also had a few problems with Taylor 3-500's and also buy direct unless the customer requests Taylors of either type.

Carl
Detroit47

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 01:15:40 PM »

Taylor tubes are all made in Chinese factories that will paint on any name you want. The 572B is only made by Shunguan and my and my customers experience is out of 4, one will be defective which makes me wonder about their special QC hype.

OTOH, I buy my 572B's direct from China, save money, they arrive in about 6 days, they all work, plus also have a one year warranty. They are completely stable in a Clipperton L on 10M and dont even show color at a 300W+ carrier plus modulation on AM.

Ive also had a few problems with Taylor 3-500's and also buy direct unless the customer requests Taylors of either type.

Carl

Carl why don't you share your source in China with us. I would like to get rid of the middle man.

John N8QPC
pa0ast

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 05:23:39 PM »

Try this  its from china   http://hgelectrontube.en.alibaba.com/  fast delivery, i don't have bad expieriences with them. From 500 pcs they put your own brand on it.   Anton pa0ast
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 04:58:51 PM »

They dont list the 572B but their 8877 is excellent.

My source is on Ebay and the only one from Hong Kong, he lists 1, 2, 3, and 4 tube auctions. Dont have the link handy and Ive already got too many browsers open. Let me know if you have a problem locating.

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015