The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 11:09:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gates Radio Company Model 128FB-4635 128 uH Fixed RF Inductor from BC-1F: Sold!!  (Read 1732 times)
W2XR
Contributing

« on: January 19, 2013, 06:15:55 PM »

I am selling a used Gates Radio Company Model 128FB-4635 128 uH fixed radio frequency inductor. The coil assembly is very heavy duty and beautifully made with Micalex/Mykroy insulation, edge-wound from 3/8-inch silver-plated copper, and rated at 15 amperes of RF. The overall length is 12 inches, and the coil outer diameter is 5-7/8 inches. The silver-plated coil has some minor tarnish on it from age, and this is easily cleaned if desired. The correct and original Gates clip for tapping to any part of the coil for selecting the desired inductance is included, as is the modulation monitor pick-up coil. This inductor was removed by me a number of years ago from the 2x 833A RF final amplifier stage of a Gates BC-1F AM broadcast transmitter.

This is a very high quality, heavy duty inductor, with typical Gates Radio quality; it is a very well built and rugged unit. Use it for your own homebrew high power final amplifier, antenna tuner project, or as a spare for your Gates 1000 watt-class AM BC rig.

A reasonable offer for this inductor will take it, plus the cost of shipping to your QTH. This is probably the last of the BC-1F parts I will be putting up for sale.

Feel free to send me a PM at triodes@optonline.net

Thanks & 73,

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015