The AM Forum
May 20, 2024, 07:00:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KE3SX is now an SK  (Read 18453 times)
WA2ROC
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »

I had only talked to Kim a few times, mostly on the top side of 40 meters and he was always a top notch AM-er.

He will be missed.

Kim, please save a place at the Table for me.....

Dick Pettit WA2ROC 
Vintage Heathkit Equipment
If You Cannot Stand Behind Our Troops, Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!
Ken - K2UPI

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 09:11:39 AM »

How sad......Bud (W2GLN) gave me the news on the phone last evening.  I had the pleasure of meeting, Kim, in person for the first time, at the Rochester NY Hamfest this year and again at Horseheads in Sept.  We planned to get together at the next Horseheads fester in the Spring for some trading.   

Truly a gentleman and good friend.   73 for now Kim.....de Ken---K2UPI Cry
n2ry

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 09:32:35 AM »

I heard the news the other day and was shocked and saddened ....
Kim was my last contact in my log book sat morning, we signed with ' see ya on 40 ...'

I'm glad i had the pleasure of meeting him this summer and going with him to CT to get the BIG transmitter he said he'd always wanted. Those 9 hours in his company will always be with me ....

God bless him and his family .....

Rich
n2ry
ve6pg

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 07:24:08 PM »

last spoke with kim, friday last week...all seemed ok..he will really will be missed..great guy..

..tim..

..sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 09:13:25 PM »

Thanks for posting the photo, Frank. For those of us who worked but never met Kim, it's a nice touch. He looks like he could be my uncle, or cousin, a neighbor, or any number of friends over the years. Definitely a man who used his hands and back to work hard throughout his life. It's written all over him.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 08:27:35 AM »

I just received this email from Donna, Kim's widow concerning services for Kim.

Joe, W3GMS

"Hi Joe,

I am having 2 memorials for Kim.  One is this Saturday, November 17th at Hess Funeral Home in Galeton, PA.  Visitation is 10:30 to 11:00 with the service following at 11:00.

The other one is going to be in Northumberland County at the Fire Co. that Kim belonged to.  But I have not finalized that date and time yet.

Just thought that you would like to post this just in case there are HAMS in the area that would like to attend. 

Thank you for your help,

Donna"

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 12:50:57 PM »

Kim was a new contact for me and I am sorry to hear of his passing. Too many people are fading out too early these days!

RIP Kim.

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 03:12:24 PM »

I always enjoyed my conversations with Kim on 40 meters and often tuned in to the friendly conversations he had with others. I never met Kim in person, but he seemed like one of those guys who would roll his sleeves up and help you out if you were stuck. I'm very sorry to hear that he's gone.

Rob W1AEX

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2012, 07:48:15 PM »

I just received this email from Donna, Kim's widow concerning services for Kim.

Joe, W3GMS

"Hi Joe,

I am having 2 memorials for Kim.  One is this Saturday, November 17th at Hess Funeral Home in Galeton, PA.  Visitation is 10:30 to 11:00 with the service following at 11:00.

The other one is going to be in Northumberland County at the Fire Co. that Kim belonged to.  But I have not finalized that date and time yet.

Just thought that you would like to post this just in case there are HAMS in the area that would like to attend. 

Thank you for your help,

Donna"

Here are the details for the second memorial service planned for Kim.  This was sent to me by Kim's widow Donna. 

Joe, W3GMS

"Hello Joe,

This is the date, time and place for the 2nd. memorial service for Kim.

Date is December 9, 2012
Time is 1:00 p.m.
Location is the Stonington Vol. Fire Co., Rt 61 between Sunbury and shamokin in Northumberland County.

If there is anyone who will be attending this service and would like to say a few words, please have them contact me so we can add them to the program.

Thank you for all your help in this matter.

Donna"

W3FJJ
Contributing

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2012, 02:50:53 PM »

This was forwaded to me by KA3PTX, I assume he found it online..
--------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Kim M. Rarig, 60, of Germania, PA, formerly of Snydertown, PA, passed away suddenly on Monday, November 12, 2012.

Born August 31, 1952, in Bloomsburg, PA, he was the son of the late Donald G. and Nancy L. (Valencik) Rarig.

In 1970, Kim graduated from the Columbia Montour VoTech, and on July 5, 1983, he married the former Donna L. Startzel, who survives.

Kim was a self-employed plumbing, heating, and air-conditioning technician. He was an avid HAM radio operator, call sign KE3SX, and was a lifetime member of the Stonington Volunteer Fire Co.

Surviving, in addition to his wife Donna, are three sons, John (Dawn) Rarig, Bremerton, WA, Patrick Rarig, Snydertown, PA, and Courtney (Melissa) Rarig, Elysburg, PA; one brother, Douglas (Angela) Rarig, Washingtonville, PA; two sisters, Susan (Vincent) Forgione, Shrewsbury, PA, and Patricia (Vincent) Stefanowicz, Allentown, PA; nine grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.

Friends may call at the Hess Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Collins Chapel, Galeton, on Saturday, November 17, 2012 from 10:30-11:00am. A memorial service will follow at 11:00am with the Rev. David Schultz officiating. Memorial contributions may be made to Kim’s family

W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2012, 04:16:57 PM »

This was forwaded to me by KA3PTX, I assume he found it online..
--------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Kim M. Rarig, 60, of Germania, PA, formerly of Snydertown, PA, passed away suddenly on Monday, November 12, 2012.

Born August 31, 1952, in Bloomsburg, PA, he was the son of the late Donald G. and Nancy L. (Valencik) Rarig.

In 1970, Kim graduated from the Columbia Montour VoTech, and on July 5, 1983, he married the former Donna L. Startzel, who survives.

Kim was a self-employed plumbing, heating, and air-conditioning technician. He was an avid HAM radio operator, call sign KE3SX, and was a lifetime member of the Stonington Volunteer Fire Co.

Surviving, in addition to his wife Donna, are three sons, John (Dawn) Rarig, Bremerton, WA, Patrick Rarig, Snydertown, PA, and Courtney (Melissa) Rarig, Elysburg, PA; one brother, Douglas (Angela) Rarig, Washingtonville, PA; two sisters, Susan (Vincent) Forgione, Shrewsbury, PA, and Patricia (Vincent) Stefanowicz, Allentown, PA; nine grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.

Friends may call at the Hess Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Collins Chapel, Galeton, on Saturday, November 17, 2012 from 10:30-11:00am. A memorial service will follow at 11:00am with the Rev. David Schultz officiating. Memorial contributions may be made to Kim’s family

Thanks Chuck for posting the information.

Joe, GMS

W3FJJ
Contributing

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 07:17:47 PM »

Here's Picture  of Kim taken last december, in my drive way, with his newly aquired
813 Amp. Miss u old bugger...

* ke3sx.jpg (266.65 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 519 times.)
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 09:25:32 PM »

Here's Picture  of Kim taken last december, in my drive way, with his newly aquired
813 Amp. Miss u old bugger...

Great picture Chuck.  He almost stopped here on his way back home on that trip but it was getting late and he wanted to head for "half way between lost and found" Smiley

It seems very different getting on the air now and not hearing him.   

Joe, W3GMS

kb3rdt

poop cup

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2012, 01:35:27 AM »

Yep he is!

Was great hear him talking on the band talking about National Receivers!

Carl KB3RDT
wx3k
Contributing

Vintage Ham Gear Enthusiast

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »

Sad  oh my, I just found out from an AM roundtable today. Wow, It was always nice chatting with him on the air. Miss you ! Rest in peace my friend.

Stephanie WX3K
Eico 720/722/730  HRO50T
"Thunder is good; Thunder is impressive but it is lightning that does the work" ...Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015