The AM Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:07:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WA2CWA et al ?  (Read 6327 times)
Sam KS2AM
Contributing

« on: October 31, 2012, 10:26:13 PM »

Has anyone heard from Pete (WA2CWA) and others that live in shore areas affected by the hurricane?

--- Post No Bills ---
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 10:56:32 PM »

I was wondering the same. Apparently Sayreville got nailed rather hard.

Last seen on this forum at October 29, 2012, 04:15:12 PM.

He's usually on here daily.
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 09:28:37 AM »

Chances are rather good he has no internetz at home.
WA3VJB
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:48:19 AM »

Same for Ken W2DTC and Paul W2JTD

Wat say someone pse?

Over over
??
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 11:22:31 AM »

I sent Paul, W2JTD an email asking how he and Maggie are doing and they made out fine during the storm.  No reports on Ken, but I have not talked to him on the air in several years.  He must be operating later in the evening.  I have not seen a post from Ken on here in quite some time. 

Joe, W3GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 11:37:30 AM »

KG2IR and I were in QSO on 3885 at the height of the storm Monday.  I was on my genny (and still am) from Stonington, CT and Nick still had power at that point.  Have not been back on much since, too busy runnning a small power company in my neighborhood, have 3 subscribers that are helping with the gas.  May be back on commercial power today.

Just got a PM from GFZ , said all OK at his beach place.

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
w1vtp

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 04:09:25 PM »

KG2IR and I were in QSO on 3885 at the height of the storm Monday.  I was on my genny (and still am) from Stonington, CT and Nick still had power at that point.  Have not been back on much since, too busy runnning a small power company in my neighborhood, have 3 subscribers that are helping with the gas.  May be back on commercial power today.

Just got a PM from GFZ , said all OK at his beach place.

Nick was on this AM - seemed OK. I got in at the end in the lurk mode

Al
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 05:49:24 PM »

The same with K1JJ. No news from him and the local news is reporting his town took a pretty good hit and is slow in power recovery.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
W2JTD

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 05:52:35 PM »

All fine here, but the little village of Reed's Beach on the bay barely mile to the west of us was devastated. Lot's of trees down and I'm busy running all over 2 counties with my new chain saw. Good purchase, that.

Anyone hear from Greg N1EXI?

Moe: Where were you born? Curly: Lake Winnipesaukee. Moe: How do you spell that? Curly: W-O... woof! Make it Lake Erie. I got an Uncle there.
w1vtp

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 06:03:49 PM »

The same with K1JJ. No news from him and the local news is reporting his town took a pretty good hit and is slow in power recovery.

FWIW

http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=32576.0

Al
K6IC
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 06:07:03 PM »

And RKW Bob,

JJ Tom posted at about 7:35 PM yesterday,  altho that time may be WC time.  I cannot find "last active" options for persons of my status.

GL,  Vic
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »

Before and after shots of some places in NJ. Incredible devastation.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/before_and_after_sandy_photos.html#incart_flyout_news#incart_hbx

Checked the overhead imagery of CWAs house. Looks like the house is still there but could not get any idea on damage, flooding, etc.

Check out recent imagery here.

http://google.org/crisismap/2012-sandy
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 09:21:41 PM »

I saw a video feed from Sayerville a couple days back, plenty of damage but no apparent casualties. Pete is likely in the situation of no power and/or a lot of mess to clean up, perhaps other pressing matters to deal with. Probably no internet as well.

Was curious about 'JTD & Maggie but I see he has checked in. Glad all is well there, Paul.

Spoke with Joe/PJP on Long Island prior to the storm hitting and again today. His area is one of the few with power at this time, though his commercial tower site down the road didn't fare so well. He said a number of antennas were damaged and he spent the last couple days on the tower with repair crews getting things squared away for his customers. The site has also been without power since the storm and his diesel generator has been handling it fine. He was just heading out the door to go meet the fuel truck coming to fill the tank at his site when he hung up.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 09:07:26 PM »

Power returned at 6:53 PM EST today, Sunday, 11/4. Lost power last Monday in the afternoon. Small generator powered a refrigerator (about 5 hours a day). Gas stove, so cooking stuff wasn't a problem. We ate by candlelight and watched the radio all week. Multi-layers of sexy clothing and head lamps really set the mood. Property and house had little to no damage. All antennas were taken down on Sunday before the storm. Tower survived without a problem.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 10:31:06 PM »

Glad to hear it Pete!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015