The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:36:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: quick antenna for 60  (Read 1607 times)
KA3EKH

« on: August 31, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »

Wanted to do something quick to get on 60 meters this weekend. I have dipoles cut for 20, 40 and 160 meters and was thinking that I can throw together a quick antenna tuner to get the radio to work with one of the existing dipoles. If I use the 20 or 40 meter dipoles I would add additional inductance in the feed line to get the antenna to resonance. If I use the big 160 dipole centered at 1.885 I can add capacitance to get the antenna up to 60 meters. All three antennas are feed by coax directly connected to the centers of the dipoles. Of the three antennas what one would be best and why? Building a quick tuner is nothing, I got coils, capacitors and everything else but concerned about what to expect in the form of pattern and also what affect transmission line loss will be and how to keep that low. Another option may be just to throw up a random length of wire and put a coil at the feed point and load it that way.

W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:30:41 AM »

A high pass T network un-un used on the 40 meter antenna should work. The 20 is too short and the 160 will exhibit a pattern. The 160 antenna might prove interesting for NEXT weekend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015