The AM Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:16:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National NC-46 -Restored, with Loudspeaker.  (Read 2549 times)
KA2IVY
« on: June 18, 2012, 03:32:24 PM »

I have a National NC-46 with it's matching loudspeaker for sale, ready to enjoy.  All paper and electrolytic condensers replaced, cabinet repainted two tone gray. All tubes tested, it has been aligned, and works quite well. AC/DC "Hot Chassis" design, tube line up: converter, two IFs, BFO, detector, audio preamp, phase inverter, two 25L6s in push pull, rectifier. Sounds good listening to oldies station or AMers on 80 meters. There is a  hole in the lower front panel for an added headphone jack which I removed, and the bandswitch knob is not original, but looks good.  Original speaker grille cloth was rotted away, has  been replaced with medium  screen wire. The original speaker itself was a five inch mounted on an adapter ring, the cabinet is for an eight inch and that is what it has now. The original speaker and adapter ring are available if you want it. The speaker cabinet has been cleaned but not repainted, I got it some time after I had done the receiver, and it is a much darker shade of gray than I used on the receiver. I chose not to repaint it, keeping it original even though it does not match the color of the receiver. A printout of the manual is included as well. It would probably weigh about 30-35 pounds packed for shipping, my zipcode is 13211. Can provide  digital photos if requested. Price is $125.00  USA cash or US Postal Service money order.   Going to the Rochester Hamfest, can bring it and meet you there.  Will ship only to  USA addresses. Thanks, Bruce KA2IVY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015