The AM Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:13:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Freed transformers and chokes  (Read 4028 times)
K9PNP

« on: May 07, 2012, 10:34:08 PM »

Does anybody know where I can find data on Freed transformers and chokes.   Looks like they made a lot for the military and for Collins.  The normal searches don't show much useful.

73,  Mitch

Since 1958. There still is nothing like tubes to keep your coffee warm in the shack.

Vulcan Theory of Troubleshooting:  Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:39:26 PM »

I've never seen a catalog but I've seen the iron everywhere in military industrial stuff. I always thought they were mainly a contract manufacturer.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
KE6DF

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 11:50:36 PM »

Here is some data

* Freed.pdf (2590.24 KB - downloaded 586 times.)

KB3DKS

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 02:23:28 AM »

The Radio's 1950-51 Master Catalog has 7 pages of data and the 1958 Radio -Electronic Master Catalog has about 50 pages. Petty much full line with Mil and "Professional" grade potted types. 
That's about the only place I have seen the info.
  Most of the Freed transformers I have had where OEM or Mil numbered. Not listed like that in the books. If you could find the Mil NSN number the data under that filing might list the commercial equivalent. The TFXXXX number on some indicate the classification type but rarely yield the exact spec.

I can see if any numbers you might have show up in the books.
Bill,
KB3DKS
K9PNP

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 01:27:57 PM »

Thanks all for the info.

I agree that most have a NSN or somebody else's part number.  Luckily I still have a lot of '-P' Tech Manuals and a few NSN cross-reference books.

One I saw and was thinking about buying was a 2KV CT at 500 ma with the only number available of 21649.  Unfortunately, I don't know if that was somebody's part number or just a stock number.  Wish it would have had a NSN.

73,  Mitch

Since 1958. There still is nothing like tubes to keep your coffee warm in the shack.

Vulcan Theory of Troubleshooting:  Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015