The AM Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:54:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hallicrafters SX-100 Mark 1B  (Read 8065 times)
WB2G
Contributing

« on: March 19, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »

Does any one have a schematic and parts list for the model SX-100 Mark 1B.I have the ones for Mark 1A&2 but the radio I have is labeled 1B.It wouldn't be bad but after 3 hours of use it decided to send smoke signals,there are a few resistors that are unreadable and some leaky looking caps.The resistor values are the big problem,there are parts of the 1A&2 in this thing and I can trace it out by hand and redraw the schematic to figure out  the values,but the factory copy would make life easier.Thanks Joe. PS Will gladly reimburse you for any costs .

"I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power."Benjamin Franklin
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:53:11 PM »

Try it, you'll like it

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/hallicra/sx100mk2/

klc

What? Me worry?
WB2G
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:08:15 PM »

Yes bama is nice ,but the radio is a 1B,not 1A or 2.there are differences mostly around the BFO and AVC .It would be nice to have the original.There are only a few results for a 1B search and they don't give much info.

"I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power."Benjamin Franklin
AL7FS
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 09:56:27 PM »

After reading about the different versions, I went to the garage to see what mine was.  I saw no markings to indicate version.  How does one tell which one he has?  The Front just says SX-100 and the back seems to have no other labels.

Thanks, Jim, AL7FS
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 11:59:30 PM »

Under the hood there should be a stamp with the version.  If you have lots of dirt ect, you wont see it. Its a black inc rubber stamp mark.

C
AL7FS
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 12:36:55 AM »

Hmmmm, so far I cannot find the stamp for the model.  Are there any more hints are where it is under the hood?  Mine is not too dirty so I don't think dust is covering it up.  I may just be missing it.  I will go look some more.

Jim, AL7FS
AL7FS
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 12:39:46 AM »

Never mind...I found it this time.  I was thinking horizontal surface and it was on the back vertical surface about in the middle. 

I have a Mark 1A.

Jim, AL7FS
N8ETQ

Mort

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 05:39:33 AM »

Hi,

I just repaired an SX-100 for a guy near Akron, He bought it new
in 1962 and made me a copy of his manual. The manual says SX-100
Mark 1A on it despite the large stamping on the Notch Filter enclosure
that said 1B.

This one failed due to a 100k 1/2 w "R" under the subchassis. PITA!
I have HI-res Pix and the schematic. PM if you still need it.

GL

/Dan

Yes bama is nice ,but the radio is a 1B,not 1A or 2.there are differences mostly around the BFO and AVC .It would be nice to have the original.There are only a few results for a 1B search and they don't give much info.
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 10:36:30 AM »

The yahoo hallicrafters group might get you more responses on the sx100.  I have two parts rigs here.
WB2G
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 07:09:37 AM »

It's back and working,but I found out even if you have the manual to match the receiver,the parts may be different,just make an educated guess and you should be okay.Don't know what caused the two resistors to almost short out(3.3k to 78,5.6k to 82),but all the coils check out okay.It seems to be all original except for some tubes and a three wire power cord that has a switched neutral.I guess it's time to check out the rest of it and update what I can.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015