The AM Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:29:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heath Mohawk  (Read 2028 times)
Don, W2DL

« on: February 29, 2012, 09:41:08 AM »

I recently obtained a Mohawk receiver, looked nice, no apparent problems. Until, that is, I went to get it working. Nothing. Everything lit up, no audio. So, I removed it from the cabinet and looked under the chassis. There, mounted on the rear of the chassis, was a small PC board with 6 very small sealed relays and a bunch of wires going into the RF/mixer subunit. Huh?  The wires went from every bandswitch section, and all 6 connections to the tuning capacitor. Huh? Huh?. Problem is, I want to rewire this unit as original, whatever the use of this hookup was intended to be. But, I found out the RF/mixer assembly was not a "kit-builder" wiring job, it came all assembled with the Mohawk kit!

So, my problem is - I need to go somewhere in the New Jersey, EPA, southern NY area and actually LOOK at a proper Mohawk, take some pix, make a wiring diagram. I'm willing to drive (ugh - gas!) but it would be great if someone having a Mohawk might be able to look at theirs and send me enough info to rewire mine back to original. Why the fellow who sold it to me put the relays/board in the Mohawk I cannot imagine, but my job now is to get it back to original.

Please PM, or call evenings after 8 pm! Don, W2DL  Twisted pair:  nine oh eight three six two eight five oh two.

Don, W2DL
57years a ham!!
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »

FWIW, her's a link to the RX 1 skizmatik,

http://www.vintage-radio.info/heathkit/

klc

What? Me worry?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: