The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:02:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: Heathkit DX-100 or DX-100B  (Read 1864 times)
w0vt

« on: February 13, 2012, 12:38:47 AM »

I built one of these as a kid and would like to find another one I could refurbish to my liking.  I have a real basket case one now I need to totally rebuild as a new transmitter once I find all the parts.  I even need to make up a new wiring harness for it.  This is a long term project and would like to find another one I could rebuild in a reasonable amount of time.

I really would like one with a nice front panel.  I can always repaint the cabinet and restore the electronics if the candidate is all there.  Since these things weigh so much, I'd like to find one within a reasonable driving distance from Houston, Texas.  (I don't want to risk having it shipped, plus the shipping would really ad a lot to it's cost).  Maybe a drive around 4 or 5 hours one way would be reasonable.  I also have a brother-in-law near Milwaukee and I'll be seeing him soon, so that is maybe also a possibility. 

So if you have a candidate or know of one,  I'd sure like to hear from you.  Pictures or a good description would be most welcome.

Thanks for reading this,

Lee, w0vt
pulsarair@yahoo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015