The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:51:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3705  (Read 10130 times)
VE3LYX

Crystals are from the stone age

« on: February 06, 2012, 08:49:38 AM »

I will be listening and will call at an opening this morning. I will just be a whisper probably but I would appreciate a chance anyway. just an in and out with sig report would e enuf. Don VE3LYX

Don VE3LYX<br />Eng, DE & petite Francais
WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »

Kindly make sure you quote a time (in GMT) span that you will be on.
With the international nature of things it would help us be on the lookout.

VE3LYX

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:37:59 PM »

OK. I will advice as per you request on my next attempt. Just bought a DX 60 so when it gets here the whisper will be a bit louder. Hope it comes wth a 3705 rock. All I have here is a 3736.
Don Ve3LYX

KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 04:07:27 PM »

I heard Don KYV on 3.700 AM last night (Sat night) shortly before signing to go watch some DVD.  Unfortunately I didn't get the title of the DVD as I just hit the receiver as he was signing out.

Later, I decided to tune into Global-Tuners while laying in bed suffering with this strep-throat.  I now have a nice receiver and bookshelf speakers there by my bed making listening to Global-Tuners a pleasure (or anything else from the PC Notebook).

I tuned back to 3.700 but found Todd KA1KAQ calling CQ and snagging uhm... ZAB... i think maybe K4ZAB.. Mark... interesting QSO all about how much better AM is than SSB. :p  You guys sounded really good into the Conn receiver.

AMI#1684
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:45:07 PM »

The past couple of nights I have held good QSOs in the vicinity of 3660.  Some of the stations worked include K2VXV, W0VMC, W6PSS and many others.  Both nights, the AM QSO lasted for several hours.  I plan to fire up down there more regularly.  160 will soon become unusable with QRN, so maybe the low end of 75 will make a good substitute.

Of course, 75m can be just as noisy.  Maybe that would be a good occasion to instigate some AM activity on 7130-7160, even though 40m can be very fickle in the late evening.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 06:28:39 AM »

The thing about 40 is it can suddenly go long early and I have been on there in the past and had someone I'm working disappear into the noise on me in 20 seconds, much like 10 meters.  In the warmer times of year this usually doesn't happen until later in the evening however.

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 10:59:40 PM »

It was nice to work you down on 3705 tonight Don (VE3LYX). Hope the crap-out was nothing serious! In spite of the static crashes here you were easy copy down into Connecticut.

Rob W1AEX

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
VE3LYX

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 11:08:34 PM »

You sounded great here too Ron. I dont know what happened. It acted like the crystal crapped out or at least that is how it acts when I have a bum one. I will have a good look tomorrow. Could be it needs cleaning , screw tightening ,ground checking etc. This DX60B I bought as a back up rig. I am a homebrew guy at heart. I am working on a simplified Bomber tx at the moment based on 1/2 the T1154 Lancaster Bomber transmitter. I also have two other homebrew AM rigs but much lower power. Under 6 watts out.  Anyway thanks for the QSO. Sorry I crapped out.
Don VE3LYX
PS Nice photo in ER mag

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015