The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:12:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James Millen Turns Counter for Sale: Sold! Thanks, AM Fone!!  (Read 2602 times)
W2XR
Contributing

« on: February 04, 2012, 10:37:25 PM »

I am offering a used James Millen turns counter. I have had this in the W2XR parts stock for many years, and it is now surplus to my needs, so off she goes to someone who can make good use of it. It is almost identical in appearance and configuration to the James Millen type 10030 Counter, but I do not have the Millen model number for the unit I am selling here.

This was one of the best, if not the best turns counter ever made; it consists of a heavy die-cast 1/4-inch thick aluminum front plate, a heavy die-cast rear assembly that mounts the bevel drive gears and counter mechanism, a cast hand crank, and it must weigh close to 3 pounds. The coupling on the rear connects to any standard 1/4-inch shaft. A knurled knob for locking the desired setting is provided. The bevel gears turn smoothly and quietly with no binding. Mounting fasteners are included, and they mount the counter from the rear, so no mounting screws are visable from the front, making for a very clean and neat installation. It is painted in a fine black crackle finish.

The front plate of the counter is 5.75" H x 3-7/16" W x 1/4" thk. The overall depth behind the front plate and excluding the length of the shaft coupler is 1-1/4".

As mentioned above, this unit is used, and it is in very good cosmetic condition, with some minor scrapes and wear from normal use. It was removed by me from one of the Mackay Radio 30 KW HF transmitters located at WSL when that station went dark back in the early 1980s.

The turns counters offered nowadays as new production are junk by comparison, and sell for around $66.00 each on e-Bay. The counter I am offering here would make a great looking addition to your homebrew high-power transmitter, amplifier, or antenna tuner project.

The price is $75.00, plus the cost of shipping to your QTH.

Feel free to PM me at triodes@optonline.net

Thanks & 73,

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015