The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:06:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transformers out the Wazoo  (Read 2185 times)
W8ACR
Contributing

254W

« on: January 01, 2012, 11:42:30 PM »

I have gone through the first wave of transformers from the W0ZUS stash - probably 500 total Shocked. There will be another couple hundred later. I have culled out the oddballs, those unmarked, and the ones that look too beat up to use. This has left me with about 300 or so. Lots of big filament transformers and filter chokes, some audio stuff but not too much. Most of these transformers are military or commercial units rather than the Stancor/Thordarson/UTC stuff that we all know and love. No UTC LS series stuff. No mod reactors. Rather than list them individually, I think it might be more efficient if you would just e-mail me what you are looking for. Send me the transformer specs or the transformer make and model number and I'll see what I can come up with. Prices will be rock bottom. Shipping will probably cost more than the transformer in most cases.

There are a few particular transformers that might be of special interest to some. I have a filter choke that is marked "L1 for Gates 250GY", one large filter choke with a TMC number on it - perhaps from a GPT750?, and one with a Hammarlund brand that looks like the main power transformer from an SP600. Lastly there is a large Collins plate transformer that may be a KW-1 or 30K plate transformer, maybe somebody could send me the Collins part numbers to verify this. I believe the secondary is 3500VCT@450mA or thereabouts.

I do have about 10 large plate transformers that I'd be willing to sell, but not willing to ship due to size and weight. If there is something that you really need, let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks,  Ron W8ACR   skipperfam@midrivers.com

UPDATE: I did some web searching and determined that the Collins plate transformer is the plate transformer from a 300G transmitter. The part number is 672 1780 00.

The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful and virtuous. Frederick Douglass
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015