The AM Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:02:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have about had it  (Read 11959 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 06:35:02 PM »

Hang in there. We survived an earthquake and a hurricane a few months ago here in VA.

You forgot tornadoes!  Grin

You're in good company, Jim. Been a wild 'n wooly one here for sure. Steve's just a couple hours NE of me here and got far more damage from Irene than we did. Just to the south, Raleigh and surrounding areas got smacked around by a few twisters last spring. The northeast got hammered by copious amounts of rain, for week after week.

Lightning damage to some of the newer equipment here for two summers in a row, now. All computer and phone-related, thus far.

Looks like the front that hit you in Oklahoma is petering out as it approaches us, as the wx man said it would. He's right for a change!

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »

Be glad it is Todd.  Altogether we had almost 12 inches of rain over a 36 hour period.  I hate it when mother nature decides to end a drought in two days.  There is a storm over the Bearing Straight that is a record maker.  Alaska is already being pounded and the forecast is for 100 mph winds.

I hope that one peters out before it arrives here.  I have never been one to believe in ghosts, goblins or prophets but I am beginning to doubt myself.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015