The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:57:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Meter AM - WA0GAG heard up in CT  (Read 6028 times)
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« on: October 20, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »

Several 5's and 0's popped through the squelch today. The short mp3 file is fairly typical of the way signals sounded today up in CT with deep fades and then signals rising up to easy copy levels for a few seconds. I heard several conversations where someone would launch into a 10 minute old buzzard transmission and then the other station would start doubling because propagation had changed. Wouldn't break-in be a better way to go with conditions that are unstable?

* WA0GAG.mp3 (163.27 KB - downloaded 596 times.)

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 11:49:54 PM »

I've noticed SOME of those deep fades depending on who/where.  However many of the contacts I have been making have been s9 solid armchair fbom hi hi.

Worked timtron several times this week.  Mostly he was hanging in strong, loud and clear.  Joe, WA1TEV was booming in with a steady s9 signal armchair a couple of times this week too.  

However some stations, mostly mobiles, were up and down.  Funny thing is they told me I was solid.  I run the Viking II -100 watt carrier into a ground plane.  

AMI#1684
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

Apache Labs SDR

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »

Hi John,

A couple of days ago, I think I caught just a bit of one of your transmissions with another station. At the time, neither of you were moving the s-meter, but I did catch the other guy commenting on something related to a recent grid drive repair on a Johnson Viking and could hear you faintly when he turned it back to you. I'm assuming that was you since you recently cured that issue with your Viker. Hopefully, things will continue to improve as we move into the winter months. It would be great fun to have sustained east-west propagation daily.

Rob W1AEX

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 05:43:32 PM »

Yep that must have been me!  I'm hearing a bunch of signals presently too.  If you hear me out there again Rob key'er up and say hi.

AMI#1684
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015