The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:53:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Foot Ball Buddy ??  (Read 13117 times)
Steve - K4HX
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 09:45:33 PM »

Some are just athletic supporters.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 11:32:42 PM »

There is nothing like having the boy come over to pick up the girl (in the respectable manner of coming into the home, not honking from a car like a hoodlum with something to hide) and having a couple of grizzly old friends over for a firearms cleaning session, to be in full swing on the dining room table, when the boy arrives. A wide variety of small and large firearms is best, and it is well that several should appear cleaned and ready for use.

Along with the niceties of meeting the family (and first name only introductions of your friends), a discussion of the range and effects of particular firearms will interest the boy and also make an impression that really really works magic and assures that daughters are returned safely, sober, and on time. The magic is not diminished if it comes to light that the firearms belong to your friends who are teaching you (in case one fears a later burglary).

I'll spare the long story but with one application it stopped all of the 'respect my daughter' problems at school.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 07:42:16 AM »

Patrick --  You Rock...

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 08:49:20 AM »

My favorite high school sport was beating up jocks  Grin  Grin

I was never one of the "Beautiful People"   Wink

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
KA3ZLR
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 09:11:01 AM »

:-)

Go Dallas. Cool

Jack
KA3ZLR
WA1GFZ

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2011, 10:07:41 AM »

Nothing wrong with showing your daughters boyfriend the new-clear option, I did.

Walk around any ham flea market and see some people who would never date your daughter or sister.

KA3ZLR
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2011, 10:29:48 AM »

Hi, I have a 15 year old daughter in 10th grade. School has just begun and Friday there is a "home" football game at the high school. My daughter has been chosen to be a "Football Buddy" by one of the players. She says this is NOT a date, but if selected, the "Buddy" brings gifts for the player like Gatorade, and candy.

To me this is kind of like a date because the "Buddies" are never boy-boy, always boy-girl. I said, "why does he need Gatorade? Isn't that already there during the game?" Daughter thinks I'm being totally outrageous. I'm thinking she stays home game night and does homework.

I never heard of this "Buddy" thing. What the heck? I told her that going to the game, and cheering her team, and the players is all that is needed here. This "Buddy" thing makes me uncomfortable as a Dad. Am I just OLD?  Huh

Jim
WD5JKO

Hi Jim,

I've raised two girls and ah..well things they get into WOW...O.K. I agree with you
it makes one uneasy...on the other hand School Support Functions can be Fun if watched
carefully...I'd have a Real Serious Talk with the Authorities at school about this..might
Ease your mind some.

And Be PRESENT at all times..We don't do that here at our Rural Community H.S.

Jack
KA3ZLR
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2011, 11:28:06 AM »

Like Bill said, why not honor the A+ student, or the chess club master? Why the big thing on someone who is not likely to even graduate...??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTXhhkgwcJ0

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 12:49:55 PM »

Pat, my father-in-law was a cop back in the old country.  He was nobody to mess with, that's for sure.  One time when my wife was about 18 and entertaining a gentleman caller in the living room, my father-in-law was cleaning his service weapon in the kitchen and quietly listening in.  Apparently he didn't like the way things were going as he calmy loaded up the weapon, strode into the living room, pointed it at the young man, and said "You'll leave now".

Thankfully I've always gotten along really well with him  Grin

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 01:00:15 PM »

A high school kid decided to start ballet lessons.  His buddies at school and the jocks made fun of him and called him a sissy. He shut them up when he reminded them that members of the football team hung out with smelly guys in a locker room while he was at the ballet studio surrounded by beautiful girls.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 01:31:17 PM »

Pat, my father-in-law was a cop back in the old country.  He was nobody to mess with, that's for sure.  One time when my wife was about 18 and entertaining a gentleman caller in the living room, my father-in-law was cleaning his service weapon in the kitchen and quietly listening in.  Apparently he didn't like the way things were going as he calmy loaded up the weapon, strode into the living room, pointed it at the young man, and said "You'll leave now".

Thankfully I've always gotten along really well with him  Grin

Sounds like our kind of people! ! !   Grin  Grin

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
WA1GFZ

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2011, 02:36:53 PM »

Once this pants on the ground clown dropped by to visit my daughter. XYL sent him bad vibes. A little time went by and she reminded him that I was on my way. I never got to meet him XYL took care of it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015