The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:19:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antenna Help Wanted - S.E/ Michigan  (Read 2034 times)
ashart
« on: August 20, 2011, 12:37:04 AM »

I'm located in Farmington Hills on the outskirts of Detroit, I'm semi-handicapped, and unable these days to do antenna work.  I also don't want to burden the many generous locals who have offered to help me with my antenna problem.  So, I'm looking for an experienced individual that I can hire to put up a horizontal loop antenna.

I had such an antenna before.  It was a near-rectangular horizontal loop.  It was  supported at one corner by 40' or so of Rohn tower, at one corner by 40' of telephone pole, and at the other two corners by trees.

It fell down after nearly 20 years, and now must be replaced.

The pole need not be climbed, as it already has a pulley at the top and ropes attached.  The 40' tower must be climbed with a ladder, as I think it won't safely support a direct climber, and the 2 trees must be accessed by a ladder.  I have the ladder, which although not used in years and years, is aluminum, and probably in satisfactory condition.

I have all materials, new insulators, new wire, new rope, and new garage-door springs to provide tension at each corner.

I want only the loop re-installed, with no feedline.  I'll be able to easily lower the loop later, to attach the feedline.

It's a few hours work on a nice day. You'll have to either do it alone or bring your own helper, as I can only watch and save my strength to hurl corrective instructions!  Smiley

I'm not looking for an antenna designer and I'm not interested in what kinds of antennas would do a better job - I just want somebody to re-install the antenna using my materials and according to my instructions.

If interested, please let me know your availability, experience, and hourly rate.

Tnx.

-al hart, w8vr

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015