The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:51:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T-368  (Read 5760 times)
w5gw

« on: June 30, 2011, 08:22:18 AM »

One is for sale locally - what is a good price for an unmodified one?  Any cautions?

thanks,

Gary
w4bfs
W4 Beans For Supper
Contributing

more inpoot often yields more outpoot

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »

hi Gary ... those tend to be a bit rare in the south .... I would figure $1k and going up according to condition ... just a bit of work on the audio chain to make a first class BBA (big boat anchor)

Beefus

O would some power the gift give us
to see ourselves as others see us.
It would from many blunders free us.         Robert Burns
KA3EKH

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »

Unmodified ones are getting harder to find! Most I have seen in the last several years have had the audio stages all screwed up, the output connectors changed to UHF and the rectifiers changed out to diodes. If the work is done correctly it's great but I have seen several modified by hacks. Good transmitter except maybe difficult to understand screen control of PA and the interlock system can be a pain also be aware it's very heavy and don’t pull out more than one drawer at a time! Originally they had a base that was wider than the transmitter to stabilize them but people tend to remove that and put wheels on the radio that makes it very unstable, if it falls on you you're dead.
Ray F
kg8lb
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 09:14:46 AM »

One recently sold locally (MI) for $1700 and the fellow came from Florida to pick it up . I had owned this one 12 years ago and sold it two owners ago  for $500 .  That owner then sold to another local for $1000 but that was 5 years ago.
  This one was very clean and had HLR mods.
K6IC
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 02:03:05 PM »

Hi Gary,

Well,  is it this one?:
http://swap.qth.com/view_ad.php?counter=918993

Well,  Technically,

This one seems to have the spring mount base,  which most are missing.  And,  while this can create a trip hazard,  it really helps in mobility (just add casters),  and makes it very stable when pulling the PS drawer etc.

The paint is a bit beat and so on,  but if it is near original,  and WORKS,  they are great rigs.  They can be a bear to troubleshoot,  especially if you are new at it,  as things are well sealed inside the cabinet.  When they work they work well,  can have very good audio.  Has a nice Collins PTO,  and the exclusive 6000 IPA ...

Very solid construction,  covers 1.5 - 20 Mcs,  has two vac variables,  one for plate tune and one for load.

Bruce,  W1UJR prob still has much data on his site.  Bruce sold one that had been gone through, with mods and great workmanship on them  selling last year, IIRC, in this range.

Bruce's T-3 info:
http://www.w1ujr.net/t368.htm

Expect it to be about 7000 Lbs with the base.

The price may be a bi steep,  but try talking the seller down a bit.

GL  Vic

flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 04:26:51 PM »

Is there still a Ham op in New Jersey with a barn filled with T-3's?Huh Can't remember the call or name............very well known, though.

My not so pretty T-3 had all the mods and had the b'cast audio with the stock 4-250's and original mod transfrmr. cuz that's the way the Tron said to do it. And was surprised that the original mod transformr could go down to 80hz

Fred KC4MOP
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 08:55:26 PM »

Fred said:
Is there still a Ham op in New Jersey with a barn filled with T-3's? Can't remember the call or name............very well known, though.

That would be Huey, KD3UI but I think he changed his call. He still has them last I talked to him. He told me he's going to give me one but I'm still waiting for that.  Wink

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
WA3VJB
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 09:43:16 PM »

Hyellowee Huey !  Delaware somewhere. 

T-3's a great transmitter. 

Easily portable, too.

See video.

Bring your wheelbarrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17le97Cj3Uc
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 10:56:45 AM »

Paul
Is that you hauling the T-3 around???
Sure is quiet compared to the one I had..............man!!!!
Not a bad TX for legal limit and heavy duty/unbreakable

Fred KC4MOP
kg8lb
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 11:10:49 AM »

Had a couple T-368s but I am now holding out for the GPT-750 that have lusted after since 1962 !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015